error message line 1773

When trying to install xp I now get an errormessage

an unexpected error (0) occured at line 1773 in
d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

Who can help me with this?

Thanks

Henk
12 answers Last reply
More about error message line 1773

    "hemusta" <hemusta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When trying to install xp I now get an errormessage
    >
    >an unexpected error (0) occured at line 1773 in
    >d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

    Try this: ""An Unexpected Error Has Occurred (536821760)" Error
    Message When You Try to Install Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316400).

    --
    (tm)
  2. OK. I just got the same error message as above but specifically

    "An unexpected error (1112836657) occured at line 1773 in
    d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

    Press any key to continue"

    In researching I found that one of my memory modules was bad. I would not have figured this out if it wasn't for Hemusta though... so props to you man, thanks for the help.

    After removing the ram and installing new (I just so happened to have different RAM), my installation goes w/ out problems.

    -Peace Out
  3. I just got the same problem and I discover you idea, I use it and it's work

    thanks alot!

    Lucken

    Best Regards!
  4. Hi. Me too stuckup wit dat pbm. :cry:

    But after changing my RAM its workin fine. :bounce:
  5. same here

    apparently someone dropped some glue on one of my new ram and i didn't noticed it

    tnx you guys
  6. Thanks so much for this post! My aunt's computer just died, wouldn't load Windows. I told her it was probably the hard drive. I thought she picked up a virus or something (she's not real careful about what sites she visits). I tried to reload Windows before I bought her a new HD and I get this same error (20802355 Line 73). Man am I glad I tried that first...and really glad I stumbled onto this forum. $20 worth of RAM and she's back in business! You guys are AWESOME!
  7. Thanks for the Tip. This was a pain in the @$$ error and overlooked the ram, once I changed it, I was back in business. *bows down* You guys ROCK!!!
  8. Sakrificer said:
    OK. I just got the same error message as above but specifically

    "An unexpected error (1112836657) occured at line 1773 in
    d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

    Press any key to continue"

    In researching I found that one of my memory modules was bad. I would not have figured this out if it wasn't for Hemusta though... so props to you man, thanks for the help.

    After removing the ram and installing new (I just so happened to have different RAM), my installation goes w/ out problems.

    -Peace Out

    thank you so much...... for that very brilliant idea.... you just solve my problem.....
  9. Hello,

    I found a software to get rid of error massages. It will rectify the error on the system. Just log on to that site and check it out..

    Thanks..

    http://www.****
  10. Sakrificer said:
    OK. I just got the same error message as above but specifically

    "An unexpected error (1112836657) occured at line 1773 in
    d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

    Press any key to continue"

    In researching I found that one of my memory modules was bad. I would not have figured this out if it wasn't for Hemusta though... so props to you man, thanks for the help.

    After removing the ram and installing new (I just so happened to have different RAM), my installation goes w/ out problems.

    -Peace Out

    Thanks for sharing that info,i was having the same problem did what you said and its up and running
  11. i solve by
    remove the RAM and clean both it by eraser.
    after that plug-in the RAM and test each it worked.

    after test i plug-in both together it work. ^^

    it's grate i don't to install new Win XP.

    thank you.
  12. Quote:

    When trying to install xp I now get an errormessage

    an unexpected error (0) occured at line 1773 in
    d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

    Who can help me with this?

    Thanks

    Henk

    theres nothing wrong with it just remove your ram ang clean the edge by bond paper and put it back...

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP