Modem Installation

Reformatted hard drive and installed Windows XPSP2. Windows did not find
modem. Any help w/b appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about modem installation

    If it's part of the motherboard, did you install the motherboard chipset
    drivers?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Lavert" <b_lavert@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Reformatted hard drive and installed Windows XPSP2. Windows did not find
    > modem. Any help w/b appreciated.

    If you bought your PC from one of the large manufacturers (i.e. Dell, HP),
    your system comes with a drivers CD to help you reinstall hardware in the
    event of a reformat. If you don't have a CD but know the type of modem, you
    can head over to the either the modem producer's or your PC producer's
    website and download the appropriate drivers.

    Michael Katz
    [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
    "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
    http://msmvps.com/msntral

    This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    "Lavert" <b_lavert@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Reformatted hard drive and installed Windows XPSP2. Windows did not find
    > modem. Any help w/b appreciated.

Modem Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP