Modem Installation

Reformatted hard drive and installed Windows XPSP2. Windows did not find
modem. Any help w/b appreciated.

If it's part of the motherboard, did you install the motherboard chipset
drivers?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Lavert" <b_lavert@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Reformatted hard drive and installed Windows XPSP2. Windows did not find
> modem. Any help w/b appreciated.

If you bought your PC from one of the large manufacturers (i.e. Dell, HP),
your system comes with a drivers CD to help you reinstall hardware in the
event of a reformat. If you don't have a CD but know the type of modem, you
can head over to the either the modem producer's or your PC producer's
website and download the appropriate drivers.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.