Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am using XP Home. Apparently I have a damaged Internet Explorer which
prevents Acrobat Reader from automatically loading when I try to read some
files. It loads when I get to the files through Netscape. Do I download a
new version? Do I need to know what SP I have and if so how do I find that?
--
Jerry

It could be that Acrobat itself is damaged, and could benefit from a
reinstall. Check out http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
for more info on redownloading Acrobat.

To check what version of Windows you have, click Start --> Settings -->
Control Panel --> System. Your system's operating system and version will be
included in the General page.

Depending on your OS (operating system), you can repair Internet Explorer
using several different methods outlined at the following addresses:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm

Try reinstalling Adobe first, since requires the least amount of effort to
repair.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using XP Home. Apparently I have a damaged Internet Explorer which
> prevents Acrobat Reader from automatically loading when I try to read some
> files. It loads when I get to the files through Netscape. Do I download
> new version? Do I need to know what SP I have and if so how do I find
> that?
> --
> Jerry

"Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using XP Home. Apparently I have a damaged Internet Explorer which
>prevents Acrobat Reader from automatically loading when I try to read some
>files. It loads when I get to the files through Netscape. Do I download a
>new version? Do I need to know what SP I have and if so how do I find that?

I would deinstall the Reader from the Control Panel > Add and remove
Programs. Then visit www.adobe.com and download v7, which is the
latest version of this software.
To check your system version, press WIN + PAUSE.

--
(tm)