Seasonic Vs Seasonic

Im looking for a VERY QUIET psu that is rated around 40a.

The two choices are the Corsair HS520 and the Seasonic S12 550w.
THey both are very similar, so similar that they compete. As far as I know, they are both built by Seasonic.

The Corsair has a longer warranty and is 20 cheaper now (after MIR)

What I want to know is, are there any noticeable differences between these cards in terms of NOISE, EFFICIENCY, and RELIABILITY.

The whole Modular cabling thing, is it good or not so good?

Also, in terms of Tech Support, which is a better choice?
4 answers Last reply
More about seasonic seasonic
  1. The Corsair is reportedly EXTREMELY quiet, I'd be very surprised if you could hear it over other components... and it's a very high-quality unit. I'd pick that personally.
  2. Quote:
    The Corsair is reportedly EXTREMELY quiet, I'd be very surprised if you could hear it over other components... and it's a very high-quality unit. I'd pick that personally.

You could say the same thing about the Seasonic: Quiet, High Quality

How about Reliability and Tech Support?
    Does the fact that SS has more experience with PSUs make them better at the tech support.

Is there a good place to stash away the extra cables from a nonmodular PSU in the Antec P180??

The Other Components are the Zalman VF900, Noctua 120mm fans, and an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Those parts are pretty quiet, thats why Im looking at a good quiet PSU. Is one of these PSUs quieter than the other?
  3. The cosair is very quiet with an efficiency of between 80% to 85% under full load. As far as reliability goes, well there is the five year warranty. :wink:
  4. Quote:
    As you know the 2 are almost the exact same PSUs. Though the Corsair is based off the M12 which isn't much diffrent from the S12 anyway. Look at the warety each offers and go with the better of the 2. It's really a flip of the coin. You can't go wrong with either one.

Exactly, which is why I suggested Corsair... simply because it's cheaper for basically the same PSU. (Also, it's modular?)

Plus, the Corsair power supplies are some sexy mother****ers. Look like freaking sports cars.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Corsair Components