Ho-oh

Mike

Splendid

Playing Colosseum. I have read that I can get Ho-oh if I accomplish a
few things 1st.

I have all shadow pokemon caught and purified.
I have finished the story mode including the 100 Mt. battle (about 100
times now, lol) I though that once I did all that, I would get Ho-oh
when you defeat the mayor at the tower battle when Ho-oh is flying
around at the end.

What do I have to do to get him?

Is he really all that good to be worth it?

Torcoal@webtv.net (Mike) wrote in news:7496-42ACC633-579@storefull-
3352.bay.webtv.net:

> Playing Colosseum. I have read that I can get Ho-oh if I accomplish a
> few things 1st.
>
> I have all shadow pokemon caught and purified.
> I have finished the story mode including the 100 Mt. battle (about 100
> times now, lol) I though that once I did all that, I would get Ho-oh
> when you defeat the mayor at the tower battle when Ho-oh is flying
> around at the end.
>
> What do I have to do to get him?

You have to finish the battle tower in colloseum mode, with the pokemon
that were in your team when you last saved your game in story mode. It
is a little harder than the battle tower in story mode but not that much
I didn't need to use any continues and failed to get a perfect on only
about a max of 10 of the battles, mainly due to me not pressing the
right button.

> Is he really all that good to be worth it?

Yes he is pretty good bu it's more a case of hey look what I've got in
my pokedex.
Ted

--
Stare to long into the abyss and the abyss looks like a nifty place to
hide the bodies

weirdwolf wrote:
> Torcoal@webtv.net (Mike) wrote in news:7496-42ACC633-579@storefull-
> 3352.bay.webtv.net:
>

>>Playing Colosseum. I have read that I can get Ho-oh if I accomplish a
>>few things 1st.
>>
>>I have all shadow pokemon caught and purified.
>>I have finished the story mode including the 100 Mt. battle (about 100
>>times now, lol) I though that once I did all that, I would get Ho-oh
>>when you defeat the mayor at the tower battle when Ho-oh is flying
>>around at the end.
>>
>>What do I have to do to get him?
>

> You have to finish the battle tower in colloseum mode, with the pokemon
> that were in your team when you last saved your game in story mode. It
> is a little harder than the battle tower in story mode but not that much
> I didn't need to use any continues and failed to get a perfect on only
> about a max of 10 of the battles, mainly due to me not pressing the
> right button.
>

>>Is he really all that good to be worth it?
>>

> Yes he is pretty good bu it's more a case of hey look what I've got in
> my pokedex.
> Ted

Which is one reason I got Colosseum in the first place. I just started
playing it. I was a little disappointed to find out that you can only
get one of the GSC starters. I thought you could get them all. Hopefully
I can at least get the three dogs.

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in

> weirdwolf wrote:
>> Torcoal@webtv.net (Mike) wrote in news:7496-42ACC633-579@storefull-
>> 3352.bay.webtv.net:
>>

>>>Playing Colosseum. I have read that I can get Ho-oh if I accomplish
>>>a few things 1st.
>>>
>>>I have all shadow pokemon caught and purified.
>>>I have finished the story mode including the 100 Mt. battle (about
>>>100 times now, lol) I though that once I did all that, I would get
>>>Ho-oh when you defeat the mayor at the tower battle when Ho-oh is
>>>flying around at the end.
>>>
>>>What do I have to do to get him?
>>

>> You have to finish the battle tower in colloseum mode, with the
>> pokemon
>> that were in your team when you last saved your game in story mode.
>> It is a little harder than the battle tower in story mode but not
>> that much I didn't need to use any continues and failed to get a
>> perfect on only about a max of 10 of the battles, mainly due to me
>> not pressing the right button.
>>

>>>Is he really all that good to be worth it?
>>>

>> Yes he is pretty good bu it's more a case of hey look what I've got
>> in
>> my pokedex.
>> Ted
>>

> Which is one reason I got Colosseum in the first place. I just started
> playing it. I was a little disappointed to find out that you can only
> get one of the GSC starters. I thought you could get them all.
> Hopefully I can at least get the three dogs.

You can get all three starters and dogs but they appear later on in the
game. You will have to be patient, very patient, very very patient. What
with the, not so running, running around, limited movesets and continual
saving and restarting to get females this game is rather annoying at
times. I'm just about to start over so I can get Ho-oh for my
girlfriend, I think some cheating might be in order.
Unfortunately you won't be able to get Lugia, which out of the pair is
the one I would prefer.
Hopefully the next version of coloseum, if it ever gets round to being
released over here, will be more faithful to the original games.
Ted

--

weirdwolf wrote:
> Hopefully the next version of coloseum, if it ever gets round to being
> released over here, will be more faithful to the original games.

Isn't the next one going to revisit Orre? That would seem unlikely to
return to the "catch pokemon in the wild" theme...

weirdwolf wrote:

> You can get all three starters and dogs but they appear later on in the
> game.

Well that's great to hear!

> You will have to be patient, very patient, very very patient. What
> with the, not so running, running around, limited movesets and continual
> saving and restarting to get females this game is rather annoying at
> times. I'm just about to start over so I can get Ho-oh for my
> girlfriend, I think some cheating might be in order.
> Unfortunately you won't be able to get Lugia, which out of the pair is
> the one I would prefer.
> Hopefully the next version of coloseum, if it ever gets round to being
> released over here, will be more faithful to the original games.
> Ted

I agree that the game is kind of annoying, and not as fun as the GBA
games. I don't think the new GC game will be too different from
Colosseum, but Lugia is featured in it, so it seems like it will be
capturable in the new game.

Overall, I do like the GameCube game, but I still find myself
preferring the GameBoy Advance ones because they are just so much more
portable. I can carry my GameBoy Advance SP wherever I go while I have
to be sitting in front of the TV to play the GC game.

- Chad

John Salerno wrote:

> I agree that the game is kind of annoying, and not as fun as the GBA
> games. I don't think the new GC game will be too different from
> Colosseum, but Lugia is featured in it, so it seems like it will be
> capturable in the new game.

Once upon a time weirdwolf decided to write:

> John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in
>
>> weirdwolf wrote:
>>> Torcoal@webtv.net (Mike) wrote in news:7496-42ACC633-579@storefull-
>>> 3352.bay.webtv.net:

>>> You have to finish the battle tower in colloseum mode, with the
>>> pokemon
>>> that were in your team when you last saved your game in story mode.
>>> It is a little harder than the battle tower in story mode but not
>>> that much I didn't need to use any continues and failed to get a
>>> perfect on only about a max of 10 of the battles, mainly due to me
>>> not pressing the right button.

>>> Yes he is pretty good bu it's more a case of hey look what I've got
>>> in
>>> my pokedex.
>>> Ted
>>>

>> Which is one reason I got Colosseum in the first place. I just
>> started playing it. I was a little disappointed to find out that you
>> can only get one of the GSC starters. I thought you could get them
>> all. Hopefully I can at least get the three dogs.
>>

> You can get all three starters and dogs but they appear later on in
> the game. You will have to be patient, very patient, very very
> patient. What with the, not so running, running around, limited
> movesets and continual saving and restarting to get females this game
> is rather annoying at times.

Although with FR and LG you can use Ditto, so it doesn't realy matter.

--
Remove ALL_YOUR_HARDWARE to reply by email.

"Chriz" <chrizizhereALL_YOUR_HARDWARE@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Once upon a time weirdwolf decided to write:
>
>> John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in

>>> Which is one reason I got Colosseum in the first place. I just
>>> started playing it. I was a little disappointed to find out that you
>>> can only get one of the GSC starters. I thought you could get them
>>> all. Hopefully I can at least get the three dogs.
>>>

>> You can get all three starters and dogs but they appear later on in
>> the game. You will have to be patient, very patient, very very
>> patient. What with the, not so running, running around, limited
>> movesets and continual saving and restarting to get females this game
>> is rather annoying at times.
>
> Although with FR and LG you can use Ditto, so it doesn't realy matter.

But it is nice to be able to have a female so you can breed different
moves onto them that you might not get on that particular pokemon
species,hmm the biologist in me keeps wanting to go that's not a
species, but you know what I mean.
Yes you could just breed with a ditto and x pokemon of your choice,
hatching eggs until you get a female but it may take a while.
Ted

--

Chet Weaver - Intersteller Hitchhiker wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>

>>weirdwolf wrote:
>>

>>>You can get all three starters and dogs but they appear later on in
>>>the game.
>>

>>Well that's great to hear!
>>

> Specifically, after the game ends. You'll have a new mission after
> that, in which you hunt down the remaining Shadow Pokemon. Even if you
> caught all the ones available before and in Realgam Tower, there are
> still a few lurking in areas previously unaccessable. You'll even find
> yourself facing off against trainers you've already beaten, or not
> beaten as is the case with the GSC starters.

Eh, I just want the ones I don't have, but I don't feel like playing
through the game! :)