Bruce

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I am trying to get both keyboard & mouse installed but I am having problems.

Good old Logitech can't help, but they did say that if I phone on Monday &
pay to talk to a technician [$20 +that I might find the answer.

As per install instructions [anti man thinking I know] I installed
everything as I was told but the keyboard would not work. I pressed connect
on the receiver & button on back of the keyboard. The keyboard worked, but
then the mouse quit working, so I repeated procedure and same thing
happened. I can't seem to get both at same time. I tried to delete it but
got message saying:

Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the
computer.

In device manager when double click on it; it says Microsoft Tun Miniport
Adaptor 2.

This device cannot start {Code 10}, try the troubleshooter. It was lost
also.

The device manager also said I was missing the Video Controller but it is
VGA compatible.

Does that mean I need a video card? I have never put anything in this AGP
slot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, If it gets fixed you will hear hoots
in Medicine Hat, Alberta all the way around the world

"Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to get both keyboard & mouse installed but I am having
problems.

> Good old Logitech can't help, but they did say that if I phone on Monday &
> pay to talk to a technician [$20 +that I might find the answer.
>
> As per install instructions [anti man thinking I know] I installed
> everything as I was told but the keyboard would not work. I pressed
connect
> on the receiver & button on back of the keyboard. The keyboard worked, but
> then the mouse quit working,

That sounds a bit like a frequency conflict perhaps. Was the keyboard and
mouse supplied together as one package or two seperate products? Do they
share the same USB transmitter or do you have two? Is there a channel switch
or similar on the mouse somewhere? Model numbers?

> "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am trying to get both keyboard & mouse installed but I am having
> problems.
>>
>> Good old Logitech can't help, but they did say that if I phone on Monday
>> &
>> pay to talk to a technician [$20 +that I might find the answer.
>>
>> As per install instructions [anti man thinking I know] I installed
>> everything as I was told but the keyboard would not work. I pressed
> connect
>> on the receiver & button on back of the keyboard. The keyboard worked,
>> but
>> then the mouse quit working,
>
> That sounds a bit like a frequency conflict perhaps. Was the keyboard and
> mouse supplied together as one package or two seperate products? Do they
> share the same USB transmitter or do you have two? Is there a channel
> switch
> or similar on the mouse somewhere? Model numbers?

The keyboard and mouse was purchased together as one package. There are no
buttons on mouse or keyboard except the connect button. The receiver has
only a connect button.

Logitech Cordless Desktop LX300

Serial Number Part Number Model Number
Cordless Receiver LNA43765063
831168-0000
C-BO17

Keyboard MCC43901003
867401-0100

[132142-301 A]
Y-RQ52

[RT7R32]

Mouse LZC43757081
831282-0000
M-RAF95

What do the model numbers have to do with it?
Does the Video Controller have anything to do with it? [Part 2 of problem]
à "The device manager also said I was missing the Video Controller but it is
VGA compatible. Does that mean I need a video card? I have never put
anything in this AGP slot."

Thanks for your help

Bruce

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Is there any info of help in the Readme file which is located in :-

C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint

Do you have the latest driver installed, Setpoint version 2.14?

If not, go to the link below for download :-

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=9697,OSID=1,softwareid=7815

Watch out for wordwrap on the url.

Above found on the Logitech website.

Regards,
Joe Steele

> The keyboard and mouse was purchased together as one package.

In which case there shouldn't be a frequency clash or similar as they are
intended to work together.

> What do the model numbers have to do with it?

Makes it easier to google for people with similar problems.

> Does the Video Controller have anything to do with it? [Part 2 of problem]

Unlikely I would think..

> à "The device manager also said I was missing the Video Controller but it
is
> VGA compatible. Does that mean I need a video card? I have never put
> anything in this AGP slot."

The AGP slot is where you plug in a fancy graphics card if the one
integrated into your motherboard isn't powerfuly enough for what you want.
Has nothing to do with the mouse and keyboard.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

If missing "Video Controller", are the motherboard drivers installed??
Without them, the USB ports most likely won't work OK, and hence anything
connected to them??

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> kirjoitti viestissä

> "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > The keyboard and mouse was purchased together as one package.
>
> In which case there shouldn't be a frequency clash or similar as they are
> intended to work together.
>
> > What do the model numbers have to do with it?
>
> Makes it easier to google for people with similar problems.
>
> > Does the Video Controller have anything to do with it? [Part 2 of
problem]

> Unlikely I would think..
>
> > à "The device manager also said I was missing the Video Controller but
it
> is
> > VGA compatible. Does that mean I need a video card? I have never put
> > anything in this AGP slot."
>
> The AGP slot is where you plug in a fancy graphics card if the one
> integrated into your motherboard isn't powerfuly enough for what you want.
> Has nothing to do with the mouse and keyboard.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

"Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message

> In device manager when double click on it; it says Microsoft Tun Miniport
> Adaptor 2. This device cannot start {Code 10}

I don't know anything about Microsoft Tun Miniport but Google found....
http://forum.iamnotageek.com/history/topic.php/1819046685-1.html

Bruce

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Thanks for everyone's help but the problem was just operator or manufacturer
stupidity. I should have recognized it when I could always run one but not
the other. The access point with the PS2 ends were color coded wrong soon as
I switched it worked. Learned a long time ago to not go by the colors should
have remember. Check easiest first
Thanks for all who helped anyway
Bruce

> Thanks for everyone's help but the problem was just operator or
manufacturer
> stupidity. I should have recognized it when I could always run one but not
> the other. The access point with the PS2 ends were color coded wrong soon
as
> I switched it worked. Learned a long time ago to not go by the colors
should
> have remember. Check easiest first
> Thanks for all who helped anyway

Thanks for letting us know. One to file away in the memory.