Delete songs from library while playing a game

Jeno

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
I have way too many MP3s, and need to get rid of some. since most of my PC time is spent playing world of warcraft i dont want to have to Alt-Tab out of the game in order to delete a song that comes on that i dont want to have.

so what i want is :

to be able to delete songs from my media player (i dont care which media player... WMP.. Win Amp foobar whatever) while in game.

the only way i see being able to do this would be to bind say.. ALT-Home or something to a global type of keybind to delete the song from my harddrive through the media player running in the background.

anything i can do?

Stop playing the game for a few minutes, open up your music library, then delete the songs you don't want.

:p

That's the way to do it. Then you don't have to worry about Alt-Tab and you can delete more than one song at a time. Stop being so damn lazy.

;)

Jeno

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
yea yea yea... stop being lazy blah blah blah. :p
not gonna happen, thanks for bumping the post though. :p

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Pretty sure there's no way to do that...a more complicated answer would be to get dual monitors, one on the desktop and manually deleting them that way :p

G

I am a total sucker for music and spend hour on end going through loads of music. I totally feel your pain mate.
I wish people would stop comming on here and trying to discourage you to make themselves feel important. You are not lazy and you brought up a very good point.
As for the solution, I am looking into the matter as we speak. One possibility could be to go out and buy a portable mp3 player that lets you delete songs from the device. Of course the ultimae solution would be to have a media player with a delete song key command that runs over other programs. If anyone ever makes this, I am sure that It would pick up in the gaming community once word spreads and there is no other way as far as I know.
I have even tried linking the delete command to my controllers and such but it will now activate in WMP. Good luck my friend and I will try my best to keep u posted.

He's not trying to delete songs from his player... he's trying to do it from his library on the computer. Cheez's suggestion is probaby the most practical... certainly not the cheapest... but at least it is doable. Play the game on one monitor and have the media player of choice running on the other. This is the ONLY way to delete songs from the media library without using ALT-TAB.

You see, the problem is, the media player has to be the active app in order to perform any functions within it. When you're playing a game, then quite obviously the game is the active app. The only "workaround" is a dual-monitor setup.

And in the interest of feeling important again... why did you bump a 3 year-old post?

I'm not "discouraging" a damn thing. I'm simply stating reality. It's not my fault you dislike my answer. Besides, I wasn't that serious to begin with... but I guess in your crusade to crucify me you completely missed the smilies in my post. However, the point still stands. Unless the game itself supports media-player like functions... there is NO way to do this while playing a game without a dual-monitor setup. You can criticize me all you like, but you can't change reality.