Dirttrack86

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
I am about to purchase a laptop with two 100g, 7200rpm drives. I will be using Premiere Pro 2 doing High Def. editing of videos. Should I have it configured as two seperate drives or as a raid 0 ? Thanks for any info. :D

Mobius

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
That's not a laptop dude. That a DTR machine: Desktop Replacement. I doubt it even has a battery - and if it does, how long would it last? 2 hours? 30 minutes?

If you're doing video editing, and lots of it, then a DTR/laptop is NOT the machine to do it on. However, if your mind is made up, then I'd add as much RAM as the machine will take, and run in RAID 0 (Never heard of a laptop which supports it, but I haven't built a laptop in the last year.) as the HDD is (normally) the big bottleneck on a laptop. Do be aware though, that RAID 0 is not fault tolerant, and you MUST use a proper backup tool, otherwise you could lose the lot.

Dirttrack86

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
Thanks for the reply. :D Actually there are several double hard drive models out now. I will be buying from K/N. But I needed to know about the setup. All these forums talk about games , games, games, and not much about video editing. Thats why I had to ask. Thanks again for the help. :D :D