DQ6 Rev 2 and NVIDIA 8800 GTS

erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I have a couple questions. Will the 8800 gts with a zallman hr-03 plus cooler fit on this board? From pictures i have seen with this cooler on the vga card with a fan on top of it might be all over the cpu heat sink? This board supports crossfire does it mean it also supports sli? I also was wondering how to update the bios with a usb drive? In the processors reviews article ( 81% for 27$) it talks about flashing the bios with a jump drive. i have the drive formatted with the hp utility but am unsure how to flash the bios with it. I am just getting ready to start my build so any information would be appreciated.

Erik

DuncanMcCloud

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
i dont think u can sli that mobo. i got a dq6 and its supposedly crossfired...so it looks like sli is out the window.

But why would you want to sli 2 8-series cards? your cpu wont be able to keep up with them.

By the way, crossfire is for ati cards...sli is for nvidia. you cant put a nvidia into a crossfire configuration (if you flash the dq6 board you can change it to support nvidia cards) and vice versa. so you can get 2 ati's and put them in crossfire or however that works but i guess that isnt what u wanna do.

i just thought id say something even if its worthless since u were getting 60 odd viewers and no reply :D

erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
finally!!! thank you for the reply. It wasnt worthless. I was just curious if it was a possibility. i am getting ready for my first build and was trying to figure out what to do for a vid card. i wanted to future proof myself as much as i could. so if i want to run just a single 8800 on that board do i need to do anything special?

Erik

DuncanMcCloud

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
not that i know of, flash your mobo to the lastest bios version just to be safe :)

make sure u got lots of power and a fast cpu to compliment that 8-series card :D