VPN from Pocket PC

June 23, 2005 8:53:48 PM

Hello,

I am trying to open with my Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 2003) a terminal
services connexion to a Windows terminal server in our company using a VPN
connexion.

The VPN seems to work fine. On the VPN server (Microsoft ISA 2004) I see the
VPN client connected. When I then open the Terminal client on the Pocket PC
there is no way to connect to a terminal server: always "host not found"
message. Same thing when I use an IP address instead of the server name.

With a Windows terminal client (i.e. Remote Desktop from Windows XP), there
is no problem.

Any suggestions ?

Ez├ęchiel Darvas

More about : vpn pocket

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 6:23:56 PM

The PPC has no way to resolve the name of your terminal server, you can
plugin the IP address and that should work. However, you could always set up
PocketHosts (http://www.zimac.de/cestuff.htm) and add an enter for your
termserv with the correct IP address.

--
Thanks
Wayne Sepega

Enterprise Library Configuration Console Module Generator
http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/elccmg

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But
let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour.
That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

news:o Z4aeNAeFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!