Temp Internet files

I just upgraded fromWinMe to XP. WinMe had a directory called
Temporary Internet Files that held copies of visited Web Pages. Does
XP have something similiar and if so, what is it called? If not , is
their a program that will keep track of this info?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about temp internet files

    Indeed XP has the temp folder, in IE, tools, Internet Options, settings button, view
    files.

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/

    On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:59:13 +0800, Jack Black wrote:

    > I just upgraded fromWinMe to XP. WinMe had a directory called
    > Temporary Internet Files that held copies of visited Web Pages. Does
    > XP have something similiar and if so, what is it called? If not , is
    > their a program that will keep track of this info?
    >
    > Thanks

    The default path for this folder under WinXP is
    ..\Documents and Settings\<username>\Temporary Internet Files
    This can be changed using Internet Options> General> Temporary Internet
    Files> Settings> Move Folder

    History is maintained on a per user basis as well. I find that I use
    History quite often (more often than in past versions of Windows and IE)
    but find it more convenient to do this right from an IE window. Click the
    History button in the Standard toolbar. Many sort options available to
    track down the info you're after.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    More commonly the path is:

    Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temporary internet files

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:33:55 -0700, Gord Dibben wrote:

    > More commonly the path is:
    >
    > Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temporary internet files

    Thanks, Gord. I've moved mine around quite a bit and apparently my
    recollection of the original path was hazy (aka wrong ;) ).

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Internet Microsoft Windows XP