Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Temp Internet files

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:59:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I just upgraded fromWinMe to XP. WinMe had a directory called
Temporary Internet Files that held copies of visited Web Pages. Does
XP have something similiar and if so, what is it called? If not , is
their a program that will keep track of this info?

Thanks

More about : temp internet files

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:59:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Indeed XP has the temp folder, in IE, tools, Internet Options, settings button, view
files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Jack Black" <jackblack32003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:fadv41l19icjdq2n74ep2chi37tprshr0k@4ax.com...
>I just upgraded fromWinMe to XP. WinMe had a directory called
> Temporary Internet Files that held copies of visited Web Pages. Does
> XP have something similiar and if so, what is it called? If not , is
> their a program that will keep track of this info?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:59:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:59:13 +0800, Jack Black wrote:

> I just upgraded fromWinMe to XP. WinMe had a directory called
> Temporary Internet Files that held copies of visited Web Pages. Does
> XP have something similiar and if so, what is it called? If not , is
> their a program that will keep track of this info?
>
> Thanks

The default path for this folder under WinXP is
..\Documents and Settings\<username>\Temporary Internet Files
This can be changed using Internet Options> General> Temporary Internet
Files> Settings> Move Folder

History is maintained on a per user basis as well. I find that I use
History quite often (more often than in past versions of Windows and IE)
but find it more convenient to do this right from an IE window. Click the
History button in the Standard toolbar. Many sort options available to
track down the info you're after.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Related resources
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:59:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

More commonly the path is:

Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temporary internet files


Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:59:14 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:59:13 +0800, Jack Black wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded fromWinMe to XP. WinMe had a directory called
>> Temporary Internet Files that held copies of visited Web Pages. Does
>> XP have something similiar and if so, what is it called? If not , is
>> their a program that will keep track of this info?
>>
>> Thanks
>
>The default path for this folder under WinXP is
>.\Documents and Settings\<username>\Temporary Internet Files
>This can be changed using Internet Options> General> Temporary Internet
>Files> Settings> Move Folder
>
>History is maintained on a per user basis as well. I find that I use
>History quite often (more often than in past versions of Windows and IE)
>but find it more convenient to do this right from an IE window. Click the
>History button in the Standard toolbar. Many sort options available to
>track down the info you're after.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:59:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:33:55 -0700, Gord Dibben wrote:

> More commonly the path is:
>
> Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temporary internet files

Thanks, Gord. I've moved mine around quite a bit and apparently my
recollection of the original path was hazy (aka wrong ;)  ).

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
!