dfrustynails

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Okay here is my delema I am trying to use a new peice of hardware on my computer but the driver needs service pack one or higher for XP. Now like most people I have a pirated version and cannot get the service packs because they check you product key. Is there anyway around this?

site3op

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Yes, buy a legit copy. See the post "http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software/Legit-ftopict230069.html" for locations to purchase from.

Alternately, you can view one of two recent posts on this same subject.

dfrustynails

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
haha thats a good one like i am going to buy a ligit copy of windows. Look I know there is a way around this because i've seen websites about it but it doesn't give you the tools to do it and thats all i need a website were i can get valid XP pro keys I have the tool to change my key but I don't have a valid key. I have the key that most pirated versions of XP have you know the FCKGW..... etc.

So if there is anyone out there that knows were or how i can get a valid key I would be very happy.

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I don't condone what you are doing, but can offer this:

From personal experience with a business I once serviced, NONE of the "generated" keys WILL WORK, if the flavor of Pro you have is OEM.

dfrustynails

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Oh ok well then if i do buy a ligit copy of XP pro is there anyway around the activation cause i reinstall alot and i've heard you can only activate a copy of xp once after that you have to deal with MS and we all know how much of a pain that can be.

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
If it's the same machine (or virtually the same; minor changes), you have 30 internet activations before you have to call. Almost all the time, after 30, if you're still on a personal machine, they will keep activating you.

One customer of mine has done it 43 times. He's an idiot with viruses, but I love him for the money.

BTW, you can get legit OEM Pro for $75. Make sure the seller states that it will install on any unit. It'll probably be 2002 version, so you'll have to do all the updating.

dfrustynails

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Alright thanks I think I will change my ways and start buying my stuff it's less of a hassle that way I mean you think you got them beat but then they come out with a new way to chtch you. Hay since I am getting a legit copy i've been thinking about windows 64-bit is it any good and worth the money.

riser

Illustrious
Go to Vista before you go to 64bit XP.

MS has the activation thing fixed up so it's hard to get around. Every new big patch coming out will cause you grief.

You can activate 5 times before you need to call in to MS but I think it resets every 3 months or 1 install drops off.

Calling in to MS isn't hard at all. It's actually fairly easy and you go directly to a person who gives you a key. It's the bets phone support line I've ever used.