Where's the cheapest place to get cases?

deathbybubba

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
If you live in the USA, then check out www.pricegrabber.com You enter your zip code and find the case you want and it will tell you which one is the cheapest with shipping. I've priced out pc's using multiple vendor on pricegrabber vs. newegg, and end up saving several hundred dollars on a 2500 rig.

AeroB1033

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I've found it's cheaper to just buy them at a retail store. The shipping on cases sucks pretty badly, and cases are one of the few parts that ends up being about the same price when you compare say Fry's with Newegg.

By the way, check and see if you have a CompUSA closing near you. I got my case for 30% of the list price (which was the same as Newegg for once) and I avoided shipping costs.

TeXXaS

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I've found it's cheaper to just buy them at a retail store. The shipping on cases sucks pretty badly, and cases are one of the few parts that ends up being about the same price when you compare say Fry's with Newegg.

By the way, check and see if you have a CompUSA closing near you. I got my case for 30% of the list price (which was the same as Newegg for once) and I avoided shipping costs.

Yeah there is one closing near by, their prices suck though. A plain basic case is on sale for $69.99, something I can get on Newegg for $35 lol. I hear they're gonna start liquidating in the coming two weeks so I'll watch out for that.

Thanks for the replies everyone