Lude2Envy

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Hey all. I just got Norton Systemworks 2006 and I don't like it. I've been using Norton for years and never had a problem until now. Basically I'm looking to find out who makes the best registry cleaner (system maintenance program) and the best antivirus/spyware/worm/etc... protection. Every website that rates these kinds of programs has a different #1 choice. I'm not looking for freeware. I want fully authentic payware programs. Please help me out. Is it better to just have an antivirus and no registry program? Thanks.

sturm

Splendid
I have used regseeker which is a freeware/payware for quite awhile and havent had any problems. I can scan and delete everything it brings up and have zero problems.
Why dont you want to use freeware? Many of them are better than the "payware" like norton. I have heard alot of people complaining about norton alot lately.

TechMaster

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004
Why waste money on these programs:?

If you practice good surfing habbits and are careful when opening emails, then you really do not need any kind of software to keep you safe. Just make sure to always stay up to date with your windows updates. I conduct backups once a week of my critical docs and re-install a fresh copy of windows at least twice a year. Installing such programs like Norton system works and Mcafee just bloat your already bloated OS.

I am sure I will hear from allot of you who will differ.

TechMaster