Emmitt

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
I have use both as suppliers and I would add Tiger Direct as good places for parts, etc. EBay is also Ok if you are dealing with a seller who has alot of experience. EBay has been getting down on sellers who do not represent their items corrctley by discontinuing their sites and banning them from the system. Of course, they can come back . What I typically do is to look at the prices on Amazom, Tiger Direct & Newegg, compare ship cost & avalability and purchase from the one who meets what I need.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Don't forget policies. I had a dilemma with Newegg sending me an incompatible CPU and they refused to refund my order. After awhile, I finally managed to get it refunded, though I didn't reorder what they were supposed to send me. I had a better experience with Amazon. I had a CPU which I wasn't satisfied with. I had no hassle getting a refund for it.

newegg states their return policies clearly if you bother to read them. some items might have a limited return policy but are normally flagged so that you know this. be aware that if you open the product its no longer new so unless its defective you will not get 100% money back since its your own fault.

how is it neweggs fault that you dont know how to match the socket # of a cpu with the socket # of a motherboard and check to see that the cpu chip is supported?

you have to be careful when shopping on amazon. while dealing with amazon is safe enough, remember that when you add to cart it may default to a non-amazon seller if you dont manually choose who to buy from. most sellers are great to deal with but a few have issues. amazon also doesnt like to list the correct item descriptions for some reason so you really have to know what you are looking for.

AbdullahG

Distinguished

Oh, so it's my fault I ordered an X4 840, but received an X4 955, which my motherboard doesn't support? I never opened the product. Your logic is upsetting.

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Ah. lucky you getting better cpu at that moment.
But still something that not working with your main board it's sucks.
However thing will take care now it's good ^^

My experience with Newegg was great. Expt - when they using USPS to shipping my item that are sucks.

However~ i purchase 8 items so far with Newegg.

All good, good shipping condition and good package condition.

Woha~ lol don't mad to newegg, nice people must get nice service.

AbdullahG

Distinguished

I had an old MoBo in need of a new CPU, and the X4 840 suited it. I've used Newegg for awhile. They have always delivered expected results. However, when I order a product and it was delayed by a week, turned out to be the wrong one, AND I cannot receive a refund, it's reasonable to be angry at them. I'm not a "yes man" person and accepted whatever they throw at me. As a consumer, I have policies as well. Deliver the product on time, send the correct product, and if any problem persists that is caused by the supplier, they should bring the matter into their own hands.

if the product was delayed for a week it was most likely either because they were out of stock at the time or shipping was delayed somehow. newegg has always been prompt in shipping whenever they can.

if you did not open the cpu box then there should be no trouble in making a return provided your order form says one number and the product says another. what exactly was the reason they wanted to deny your order return?

you dont need to be a yes man, but you should always be curteous to customer service as they will be more willing to go above and beyond.

i'm not trying to say that you really didnt have a valid problem with newegg... i'm just saying that after pushing over $8000 through them in orders i havent had a single issue that wasn't resolved to my liking.

AbdullahG

Distinguished

My apoligies for taking your comment the wrong way. Delay was caused by shipping to the wrong address (I gave the correct address just so you know). The product was denied for return because they claimed it was the correct product I ordered which it was not. It was found out it was tied to someone else account after they resolved the issue. I don't see how they made this mistake. Sure, you haven't had a problem, but that's your experience. I'm not bashing Newegg, I'm bashing how they handled the situation.

TRENDING THREADS