Tell me if this works

Ok, ultimately I want to breed a Breloom with Spore and False Swipe.
Here's the plan:

Level up a Nincada to 25 (for False Swipe), then breed with a female
Paras/Parasect and hopefully get a male Paras with FS. Breed this Paras
with Shroomish to get a Shroomish with FS. Level up Shroomish to get Spore.

Now, is there a way to breed the Paras/Shroomish mentioned above with
Spore? Or would that entail having a Paras/Shroomish that already knows
Spore?

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

In <i-OdnSY4NZXTFzLfRVn-1Q@rcn.net>,
John Salerno took 10 lines to utter:

>Ok, ultimately I want to breed a Breloom with Spore and False Swipe.
>Here's the plan:
>
>Level up a Nincada to 25 (for False Swipe), then breed with a female
>Paras/Parasect and hopefully get a male Paras with FS. Breed this Paras
>with Shroomish to get a Shroomish with FS. Level up Shroomish to get Spore.
>
>Now, is there a way to breed the Paras/Shroomish mentioned above with
>Spore? Or would that entail having a Paras/Shroomish that already knows
>Spore?

If you procure both a male AND a female Shroomish with FS and Spore,
when you breed them, the offspring will have both moves.

Mick wrote:
> In <i-OdnSY4NZXTFzLfRVn-1Q@rcn.net>,
> John Salerno took 10 lines to utter:
>

>>Ok, ultimately I want to breed a Breloom with Spore and False Swipe.
>>Here's the plan:
>>
>>Level up a Nincada to 25 (for False Swipe), then breed with a female
>>Paras/Parasect and hopefully get a male Paras with FS. Breed this Paras
>>with Shroomish to get a Shroomish with FS. Level up Shroomish to get Spore.
>>
>>Now, is there a way to breed the Paras/Shroomish mentioned above with
>>Spore? Or would that entail having a Paras/Shroomish that already knows
>>Spore?
>

> If you procure both a male AND a female Shroomish with FS and Spore,
> when you breed them, the offspring will have both moves.

Shoot. I was hoping to breed a Shroomish with both moves, so I could
then level it up as a Breloom for Sky Uppercut. I wish it learned Spore
sooner than level 54.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Mick wrote:
> If you procure both a male AND a female Shroomish with FS and Spore,
> when you breed them, the offspring will have both moves.

False Swipe's an egg move for Shroomish, so only the male needs it for it
to be passed on.

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

In <Pine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1050616010303.26659B-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca>,
Joseph William Dixon took 13 lines to utter:

>On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Mick wrote:
>> If you procure both a male AND a female Shroomish with FS and Spore,
>> when you breed them, the offspring will have both moves.
>
> False Swipe's an egg move for Shroomish, so only the male needs it for it
>to be passed on.

That's very true, but the original poster (I think) is after a 'catcher'
pokemon, and having a breeding 'pair' with both moves is very handy.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Mick wrote:
> >> If you procure both a male AND a female Shroomish with FS and Spore,
> >> when you breed them, the offspring will have both moves.
> >
> > False Swipe's an egg move for Shroomish, so only the male needs it for it
> >to be passed on.
>
> That's very true, but the original poster (I think) is after a 'catcher'
> pokemon, and having a breeding 'pair' with both moves is very handy.

No, you just need to have both the male and female Shroomish have Spore.
Only the male Shroomish needs to have the False Swipe as well.

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

In <FvSdneIlaJCRTy3fRVn-iQ@rcn.net>,
John Salerno took 24 lines to utter:

>Mick wrote:
>> In <i-OdnSY4NZXTFzLfRVn-1Q@rcn.net>,
>> John Salerno took 10 lines to utter:
>>

>>>Ok, ultimately I want to breed a Breloom with Spore and False Swipe.
>>>Here's the plan:
>>>
>>>Level up a Nincada to 25 (for False Swipe), then breed with a female
>>>Paras/Parasect and hopefully get a male Paras with FS. Breed this Paras
>>>with Shroomish to get a Shroomish with FS. Level up Shroomish to get Spore.
>>>
>>>Now, is there a way to breed the Paras/Shroomish mentioned above with
>>>Spore? Or would that entail having a Paras/Shroomish that already knows
>>>Spore?
>>

>> If you procure both a male AND a female Shroomish with FS and Spore,
>> when you breed them, the offspring will have both moves.
>>

>Shoot. I was hoping to breed a Shroomish with both moves, so I could
>then level it up as a Breloom for Sky Uppercut.

That's no problem, if you do the above. However...

>I wish it learned Spore sooner than level 54.

....there is no pokemon (that I know of) that can learn Spore as an egg move,
so level 54 it must be.

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

In <Pine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1050617013534.19517A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca>,
Joseph William Dixon took 19 lines to utter:

>> > False Swipe's an egg move for Shroomish, so only the male needs it for it
>> >to be passed on.
>>
>> That's very true, but the original poster (I think) is after a 'catcher'
>> pokemon, and having a breeding 'pair' with both moves is very handy.
>
> No, you just need to have both the male and female Shroomish have Spore.
>Only the male Shroomish needs to have the False Swipe as well.

Yes, you are correct...my bad.