Realtek Front Panel jack not working..

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleng

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2007
I'm trying to use my headphone on the AC97 front panel jack, but it's not working, suprisingly when i unjack the headphone , a popup states that a jack has been unplugged.. meaning that the front panel should be connected internally.

On the Realtek manager I have clicked on the "AC97 front panel support", but still no dice.

Anyone have the same problem and how to rectify it?

ExTechie

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2007
I've got the same problem and I haven't solved it yet. It was workiing but I did a a BIOS update for my Samsung Optical drives, loaded a bunch of codecs (CCCP, realtek lite) and software. After that my front speaker/headphone jack stopped working, rear one is fine. I've tried unistalling codecs/software and reinstalling still no dice. If you come up with a solution it would be most appreciated. If I come up with anything I will post it.

Tom

ExTechie

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2007
Yes, I am officially a dummy and a tech support guy's worst enemy (this coming from a former tech support guy). On page 81 (second to last page) of the manual. It mentions AC 97 Audio configuration. It says to select the Audio I/O tab and press the tool icon in the Analog area. In the next box, select the disable front panel jack detection check box.

This fixed the problem for me.

Tom
You get senile when you get older, for me that started at thirty and has been getting worse ever since.

Tyrobins1

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
The problem I'm having is similar. I'm not getting sound thru the front panel. I'm familiar with the "disable front panel jack detection", however I don't have that option. The only option I have is, "Mute real panel output when front headphone plugged in". I had this problem before and researched and found the answer and thought I would remember the solution. I thought I disabled the equilizer in the "Sound Effects" tab but thats not working. Any ideas?

nleco

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
I am having a similar problem.

I have a Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 v2.0 motherboard. The front panel audio was working fine, until some day it just didn't. I did a bit of research, and I found that I have to disable the 'automatic plug detection' thing, and then things worked, the Front panel audio now had sound. I have the Realtek HD audio, onboard.

now, this is the weird part. for some reason my output gets redirected to the mic as well. and it's way louder if i plug in my headphones/mic (combo set) via the back inputs.

I went through and verified that the front audio panel pins were in fact plugged into the correct pins on the motherboard, i read the manual and tracked each pin. it seems to be correct.

So yeah, it's a bit annoying. anyone find this? I went to Gigabytes site and downloaded and installed just about every driver they had.

thanks.

neo_navy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
To - Realtek HD Audie Manager

- Audio On / Off

- Connector Setting

- Select Disable front panel jack detection...

That should do the trick... It worked for me...

Cheers,

Gab.

Wetmelon

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
That's what I did, but I get a ton of channel "jumping" or w/e it's called... Where people listening to my microphone can hear my speakers across electronics (I don't have speakers, only headphones)

yesrohit

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
hi.... had the same problem. found the solution on some forum -

Go to realtek manager in control panel. Click on audio i/o tab on the top. click on the setting button next to analog. There, tick "Disable Front Panel Jack Detection". Once you tick on that option, your front jack should start working. Another thing, my computer does not detect the headphone when I plug it in the front jack, it just works.

Hope it helps you as it helped me.

tomaso1z

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
http://www.rm.com/_RMVirtual/Media/Images/REaltek_HD_Audio_Manager.jpg
REaltek_HD_Audio_Manager.jpg

johershey

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Ive tryed all the above and that doesn't fix the problem the isuue i'm having is the front panel jacks on the control panel for realtek aren't even highlighted as available i've tryed everything i just updated to windows 7 from vista and it worked before that now it doesn't

pandar314

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

what.png

Any idea why I would be missing that?

EDIT : Also if you could direct me to the apparently inherent karaoke in windows 7 I would love that.

worldiswelcome

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

Thanks Buddy.
You really helped me a lot.
I was struggling for this since I bought this PC.
It was working perfect in Ubuntu, but not in XP.
Within a single min. it was working.
:p
Thanks once again.

G

THanks guys... Me too had the same problem.... it solved by following the same procedure.....

ikekcs04

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

i done it also on my pc.. just select the analog and it would work. :hello:

G

thanks neo i have the same problem with my new motherboard & i was worried , but now it starts working ......... Thanks Again

vinay sawant

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010

Chocolater2

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Wow...i just cant find an answer for my problem :pfff:

i have a razer carcharias headset ive had it for a few months now and just 2 hours ago the microphone jack WOULD NOT PICK UP SOUND AT ALL. D: i tried going to realtek HD audio manager- no dice. :cry: i need help D:

Chocolater2

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
oh and also, when i unplug the microphone it says "a jack has been unplugged" and when i plug it back in "a jack has been plugged in" but it wont make any sound when i talk into it like in L4d2 for instance. ive tried boosting it and going and turning up the line in mic in volume but still nothing {Windows XP}

Sanguinius

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
If you have windows 7 and integrated motherboard audio, you might benefit from an easy fix that doesn't make your computer stop recognizing when things are plugged in or not, as is the case when you tick the box marked "Disable Front Panel Jack Detection" .

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, which I installed less than a month ago, on a Gigabyte X58a-UDR3 mobo with the Realtek HD Audio. My sound worked perfectly on my front jacks and on the back mobo sound inputs until a few days ago, when it stopped working completely with absolutely no changes made by me to my computer's hardware or software. My computer would tell me that I was plugging headphones or speakers into the jacks, or unplugging them, but would not push any sound through.

Now, if your audio is built into your mobo like mine, you might be able to do what I did. What I finally did to fix the problem was to go to Device Manager and open the Sound, video and game controllers submenu. You should see a Realtek sound device, or maybe two if you've got both HD and AC'97. For both of these, double-click the device name, click the driver tab, and click the rollback driver button. Then, click the update driver button. Click the first choice, labelled something like "Search Automatically for Driver Software" (Sorry, don't know the exact name as I'm at a public computer right now and can't access that stuff). Windows 7 will automatically install the right drivers for the sound devices, and you should be good to hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.