growlithe

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?

René

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

Once upon a time René Heijmans decided to write:

> How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?

Good question. One with both can be a very strong Pokémon.

--
Remove ALL_YOUR_HARDWARE to reply by email.

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:

>How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
>
>René

One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up to
learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed the
male with a female Growlithe.

Mick wrote:
> In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
> René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:
>

>>How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
>>
>>René
>

> One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up to
> learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed the
> male with a female Growlithe.

Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
it's a level-up move?

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

> Mick wrote:
>> In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
>> René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:
>>

>>> How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
>>>
>>> René
>>

>> One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up
>> to learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed
>> the male with a female Growlithe.
>>

> Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
> it's a level-up move?

Females don't contribute to the passing on of moves. Is there only one Body
Slam to be taught in FR and LR? If I could, I'd teach/breed all normal
Pokémon Body Slam if I was to raise one.

--

In article <42b11c7e$1@duster.adelaide.on.net>,
Chriz <chrizizhereALL_YOUR_HARDWARE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
>
>> Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
>> it's a level-up move?
>
>Females don't contribute to the passing on of moves. Is there only one Body
>Slam to be taught in FR and LR? If I could, I'd teach/breed all normal
>Pokémon Body Slam if I was to raise one.

Females do contribute to passing on moves, if the move is one that the
Pokemon would learn by levelling up. Females have no contribution to
passed-on egg moves or TMs. However, it looks to me like Crunch is not
a level-up move for a Growlithe, so having the father know it and not
the mother looks fine to me.

I think the Body Slam in FR/LG is a one-shot. If you were to get
Emerald, and reach the Battle Frontier, you could get as many as you
wanted for 48 Battle Points each (although the Battle Points might take
a while to accumulate).

And, yes, Body Slam is a very good move. In Gold, I rather liked the
fact that my Meganium had it. It made him very useful.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

In <FvSdneMlaJBXTC3fRVn-iQ@rcn.net>,
John Salerno took 17 lines to utter:

>Mick wrote:
>> In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
>> René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:
>>

>>>How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
>>>
>>>René
>>

>> One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up to
>> learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed the
>> male with a female Growlithe.
>>

>Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
>it's a level-up move?

No. The female (actually both do) only needs to know the move if it is a
same type breeding (Houndour male & female) to pass on 'level-up' moves.
In this case, it is the male [1] only that needs the move.

[1] Only males can pass on moves to different type Pokemon..