growlithe

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?

René
6 answers Last reply
More about growlithe
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time René Heijmans decided to write:

    > How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?

    Good question. One with both can be a very strong Pokémon.

    --
    Remove ALL_YOUR_HARDWARE to reply by email.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
    René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:

    >How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
    >
    >René

    One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up to
    learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed the
    male with a female Growlithe.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    Mick wrote:
    > In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
    > René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:
    >

    >>How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
    >>
    >>René
    >

    > One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up to
    > learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed the
    > male with a female Growlithe.

    Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
    it's a level-up move?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

    > Mick wrote:
    >> In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
    >> René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:
    >>

    >>> How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
    >>>
    >>> René
    >>

    >> One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up
    >> to learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed
    >> the male with a female Growlithe.
    >>

    > Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
    > it's a level-up move?

    Females don't contribute to the passing on of moves. Is there only one Body
    Slam to be taught in FR and LR? If I could, I'd teach/breed all normal
    Pokémon Body Slam if I was to raise one.

    --
    Remove ALL_YOUR_HARDWARE to reply by email.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    In article <42b11c7e$1@duster.adelaide.on.net>,
    Chriz <chrizizhereALL_YOUR_HARDWARE@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
    >
    >> Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
    >> it's a level-up move?
    >
    >Females don't contribute to the passing on of moves. Is there only one Body
    >Slam to be taught in FR and LR? If I could, I'd teach/breed all normal
    >Pokémon Body Slam if I was to raise one.

    Females do contribute to passing on moves, if the move is one that the
    Pokemon would learn by levelling up. Females have no contribution to
    passed-on egg moves or TMs. However, it looks to me like Crunch is not
    a level-up move for a Growlithe, so having the father know it and not
    the mother looks fine to me.

    I think the Body Slam in FR/LG is a one-shot. If you were to get
    Emerald, and reach the Battle Frontier, you could get as many as you
    wanted for 48 Battle Points each (although the Battle Points might take
    a while to accumulate).

    And, yes, Body Slam is a very good move. In Gold, I rather liked the
    fact that my Meganium had it. It made him very useful.

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    In <FvSdneMlaJBXTC3fRVn-iQ@rcn.net>,
    John Salerno took 17 lines to utter:

    >Mick wrote:
    >> In <42afda00$0$17209$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl>,
    >> René Heijmans took 5 lines to utter:
    >>

    >>>How to get angrowlithe knowing both crunch AND body slam?
    >>>
    >>>René
    >>

    >> One way is to level a male Houndour (lvl 49) or Houndoom (lvl 59) up to
    >> learn Crunch. Then teach it Body Slam via the move tutor. Breed the
    >> male with a female Growlithe.
    >>

    >Wouldn't the female have to know Crunch as well to pass it on, since
    >it's a level-up move?

    No. The female (actually both do) only needs to know the move if it is a
    same type breeding (Houndour male & female) to pass on 'level-up' moves.
    In this case, it is the male [1] only that needs the move.

    [1] Only males can pass on moves to different type Pokemon..

Games Nintendo Video Games