x1900xt flickering screen, Nvidia drivers keep coming back

jonno

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Hi i am having problems with my new graphics card with the screen flickering on the welcome page on boot up and shutting down i also have this problem when i click in Ati catalist untill now i thought i got rid on all the old Nvidia drivers but when i was cheaking through system32 i found Nvidia drivers and files but when i try to delete them they keep on apering and could this cause the flicking? how do i delete them and do i have to. :oops:

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Couple of things: Whenever you are going to install a new video card, you MUST UNINSTALL THE OLD VIDEO SETUP FIRST!

This usually requires going into Add/Remove programs and looking for the (in your case) nVidia drivers to uninstall them. And then, remove the card in Device Manager - Display Adapters. Reboot back up to force the default VGA driver to run the old card - Shut down - install the new - reboot - then install the new drivers.

Go into Safe Mode and do the following:

Go into Device Manager - Display Adapters, and remove EVERYTHING in there. Then go into Add/Remove programs and uninstall ANY video graphics drivers in there.

Reboot and start over with a fresh ATI install.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
i uninstalled nvidia drivers in the add/remove before i put new card in
Yes, but did you make sure that Windows had switched to the default VGA driver before removing the old card? Otherwise Windows can try to be 'helpful' by reloading the old drivers when it refinds the hardware that you just removed the drivers of.

TRENDING THREADS