Question about HIS cooling fan on X1950XT

elcold

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
I recently ordered one of these cards as an upgrade to my other system(or my current one if it fares better than the 7950GX2), because of the positive reviews about it. However, after I purchased it, I looked it up on Newegg and saw that many people had had issues with the IceQ3 cooling fan, as they said it broke down after about a month and they had to get another cooler for the card. Anyone have any experience with these cards, and is this a common problem with the cooling system?(I want to know so I can start looking up coolers for the card if it is a common problem)

pseudopeon

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
In my opinion the IceQ3 cooler is pretty solid, I used to work at a major component retailer and don't remember ever getting one back because the fan died... they do get clogged up with crap over time though (if you don't have any filters) so you'll want to clean it every month or so.
If, however, you come across any GeCube cards stay away! Those things are bloody awful! :roll:

pauldh

Illustrious
I own the same card and am more than pleased with the fan. It's quieter and cools far better than the reference fan. IMO it's the best X19xx cooler available. No signs of problems so far.

TRENDING THREADS