Mike

Splendid

How much does a held item actually boost an attack's power? By what
percent?

For instance: Mystic water for water attacks, or blackglasses for dark
attacks.

Any information I have found on this is vague, all any of it says is
that they boost the attack powers. I have used the same moves with and
without an item, and have really seen no difference, so I'm lead to
believe that it only boost it a very minimal amount, like 2% or so.

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

In <26020-42B36D85-92@storefull-3353.bay.webtv.net>,
Mike took 11 lines to utter:

>How much does a held item actually boost an attack's power? By what
>percent?
>
>For instance: Mystic water for water attacks, or blackglasses for dark
>attacks.
>
>Any information I have found on this is vague, all any of it says is
>that they boost the attack powers. I have used the same moves with and
>without an item, and have really seen no difference, so I'm lead to
>believe that it only boost it a very minimal amount, like 2% or so.

Most 'type' boosting items give a 10% power increase.
Here is a breakdown, for clarity:

Black Belt: FIGHTING
Black Glasses: DARK
Charcoal: FIRE
Dragon Fang: DRAGON
Hard Stone: ROCK
Magnet: ELECTRIC
Metal Coat: STEEL
Miracle Seed: GRASS
Mystic Water: WATER
Nevermeltice: ICE
Poison Barb: POISON
Sharp Beak: FLYING
Silk Scarf: NORMAL
Silver Powder: BUG
Soft Sand: GROUND
Spell Tag: GHOST
Twisted Spoon: PSYCHIC

Exceptions are:
Sea Incense: Boosts Water moves by 5%
Lax Incense: Enemy accuracy lowered by 5%

Soul Dew: (Latias/Latios only) 50% increase to SPECIAL ATTACK

Light Ball: (Pikachu only) 100% increase to SPECIAL ATTACK
Deep Sea Tooth: (Clamperl only) 100% increase to SPECIAL ATTACK
Deep Sea Scale: (Clamperl only) 100% increase to SPECIAL DEFENSE

Metal Powder: (Ditto only) 150% increase to DEFENSE and SPECIAL DEFENSE

Thick Club: (Cubone/Marowak only) 200% increase to ATTACK