Etrust Anti-Virus
Spybot Search and Destroy
Adaware se
Firefox w/adblock+

And to keep my harddrive clean and defraged I use the following:
CCleaner
Regseeker
Perfectdisk
Are these programs enough to keep everything clean and running smoothly?? And also is there any all-in-one software suites that will do all that stuff?? I think an all-in-one since its all from one company can work as a whole and do a better job than seperate programs like i am using??
Thanks

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
You do NOT want an all-in-one suite. You will get an expensive, obtrusive, intrusive, bloated, buggy Ponderosa - e.g. Symantic's Norton.

Stay with the individuals. If one of them doesn't do it for you, go to a competitor's product. Real easy to change.

I don't know about E-Trust, but the rest of your stuff is okay. If you develop a routine about pro-active maintenance, your pc will love you.

Panda Platinum Internet Security is excellent. A little lighter on resources than Norton, but still provides good anti-virus, firewall and spyware protection. Since I've started using it, I haven't had the need to have other programs running.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i run

AVG free edition(anti virus)
Spybot search and destroy
Spywareblaster
Adaware
Firefox with Adblock
and the surprisingly good MS spyware proggy

my computer turns itself on at 4am every morning, runs AV, Spybot, Adaware, disk cleanup and once a week disk defrag, then it shuts itself back off at 7, and i get outta bed at 10 lol.

its set up like this cause im too lazy to run them myself hey why do it yourself when it can do it for you :D