deinstalling Adobe

Tags:
  • Windows XP
April 3, 2005 11:47:01 AM

install a new version. I apologize for all this; it's new to me. In
Add/Remove Programs I get:

Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.2 update
" " " 6.0.3 uupdate
" Download Manager 1.2 (Remove Only)
" Reader 6.01

Do I deinstall all those? I assume I don't do anything with Photoshop. And
then do I go to an Adobe site? Or if I just try to open a pdf document will
I automatically be taken there?

--
Jerry

More about : deinstalling adobe

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 8:13:45 PM

I assume you are attempting to upgrade from Adobe reader 6.1 to version 7.0?
To uninstall version 6.01 remove the following files Adobe Acrobat reader
6.01; Adobe acrobat reader update 6.02 and adobe acrobat reader update 6.03.
Leave the download manager alone. This is because the download manager will
be used to download version 7.0
To download version 7.0 you will need to go to the Adobe web site and
download it from there. As an alternative you might just check any recent pc
magazine cover cd's. You might find one of the mags have included Adobe
reader 7.0 on their cover disk, in which case you will have no need to
download it from adobe, you can straight install it from the mag's cover
disk.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert