Windows Explorer Starts Twice

I want Windows Explorer to run every time I start my computer. If I put it
in the Startup folder, it starts twice. If I remove it from the Startup
folder, it doesn't start at all. How can I configure my computer so Explorer
starts only once?

-TC
3 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer starts twice

    Put a shortcut to it in the user-defined startup folder - not a copy of
    explorer itself, and not in the allusers startup folder.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "TC" <v@x.z> wrote in message news:28U3e.118$KI6.46@okepread07...
    >I want Windows Explorer to run every time I start my computer. If I put it
    > in the Startup folder, it starts twice. If I remove it from the Startup
    > folder, it doesn't start at all. How can I configure my computer so
    > Explorer
    > starts only once?
    >
    > -TC

    Rick,

    Thank you for the advice.

    Your suggestion did not work directly, but it gave me the clue I needed
    to diagnose the problem myself. It turns out that my user startup
    folder had been mysteriously redirected to the all-users startup
    folder. I used TweakUI to fix the location of the user startup folder,
    and now everything works as it should.

    -TC

    Cool, glad you got it sorted.

    --

    "TC" <golemdanube@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Rick,
    >
    > Thank you for the advice.
    >
    > Your suggestion did not work directly, but it gave me the clue I needed
    > to diagnose the problem myself. It turns out that my user startup
    > folder had been mysteriously redirected to the all-users startup
    > folder. I used TweakUI to fix the location of the user startup folder,
    > and now everything works as it should.
    >
    > -TC

Windows Explorer Computers Microsoft Windows XP