Windows Explorer Starts Twice

April 3, 2005 12:40:44 PM

I want Windows Explorer to run every time I start my computer. If I put it
in the Startup folder, it starts twice. If I remove it from the Startup
folder, it doesn't start at all. How can I configure my computer so Explorer
starts only once?

-TC
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 6:08:07 PM

Put a shortcut to it in the user-defined startup folder - not a copy of
explorer itself, and not in the allusers startup folder.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"TC" <v@x.z> wrote in message news:28U3e.118$KI6.46@okepread07...
>I want Windows Explorer to run every time I start my computer. If I put it
> in the Startup folder, it starts twice. If I remove it from the Startup
> folder, it doesn't start at all. How can I configure my computer so
> Explorer
> starts only once?
>
> -TC

April 5, 2005 7:17:01 PM

Rick,

Thank you for the advice.

Your suggestion did not work directly, but it gave me the clue I needed
to diagnose the problem myself. It turns out that my user startup
folder had been mysteriously redirected to the all-users startup
folder. I used TweakUI to fix the location of the user startup folder,
and now everything works as it should.

-TC
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:14:25 AM