compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
I. Got a problem which i can't find. My printer locks upp my entire WinXp pro when telling it to print something out. There's nothing wrong with the printer itself or the cables attached to it, a've checked on another comp. Also tried to reinstall the LPT1 port and the drivers several times without no success. Even checked so that there's no other software that interferes with the printerdrivers. AND did run a virus check, both in Win and in pure DOS-mode...nothing. Starting to suspect that the LPTport on my Mobo- ASUS P4P800E Deluxe is screwed..The setting in BIOS is set to ECP as default and can't be manipulated. Any suggestions?
--------------------
ASUS mobo/1GHZ RAM/Geforce 4 FX5900XT/S-ATA150/DVDburner,,bla bla..

Thx

P4P800 Deluxe and P4P800 BIOS v1010

Do not use Aflash.exe to update BIOSPlease use EZflash or Afusos.exe.
Fix PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse cannot wake up the system from Suspend-to-RAM(S3) and Hibernate(S4) states.
Add DMI OEM Strings.
Revise Description String of DMI Onboard Device Information for onboard LAN.
Fix the system cannot boot into Windows 2000 with 3DLabs Wildcat VP760 XGA card after its driver v3.01-0181 is installed.
Fix LPT port is disabled after flashing the BIOS using EZ Flash.
Fix the system locks up at POST (Code1) the first time the system is restarted after flashing the BIOS using EZ Flash if a FSB800 CPU is used.

If you have a Bios prior to this one, you need to update.