To make everyone happy I'm using Tom's disclaimer

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
This site is NOT responsible for any damage that the information on this site may cause to your system.

So get your styrofoam/polystyrene and grounding strap and go for it. Also, I am not responsible if your Baron-recommended X2 only gets you 90fps.

Consider this to be a part of every post I make. Hey if it's good enough for Tom......

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
This site is NOT responsible for any damage that the information on this site may cause to your system.

So get your styrofoam/polystyrene and grounding strap and go for it. Also, I am not responsible if your Baron-recommended X2 only gets you 90fps.

Consider this to be a part of every post I make. Hey if it's good enough for Tom......To cover your ass for another post you wrote?...

You guys get no respect from me so I hope I ruin someone's life with bad CPU info

Page 4-Message #95

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Consider this to be a part of every post I make. Hey if it's good enough for Tom......To cover your ass for another post you wrote?...

You guys get no respect from me so I hope I ruin someone's life with bad CPU info

Page 4-Message #95

No, it was actually because I spotted the disclaimer as it comes up n the page to "View forum" or "view post."

I had never saw it before and it was interesting. I wonder if the other sites have that.

JCon

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006

Page 4-Message #95

No, it was actually because I spotted the disclaimer as it comes up n the page to "View forum" or "view post."

I had never saw it before and it was interesting. I wonder if the other sites have that. Maybe we can have Jack do the search. It seems he hasn't much of a life anyway.

Odd that you would say that after starting this thread. :roll:

JCon

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Odd that you would say that after starting this thread.

So they didn't tell you? I am odd.

Of course they did! I got the memo when I signed up TGF.

"Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forumz,

BaronMatrix is odd.

Thank-you for signing up!"

OldGoat

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
OK, I'll bite. What happened to piss you off?

If I had to guess, someone used your advice, it didn't work and now they will not stop PM'ing you about it....

How close am I?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
OK, I'll bite. What happened to piss you off?

If I had to guess, someone used your advice, it didn't work and now they will not stop PM'ing you about it....

How close am I?

Very far off. I don't give actual advice. Read my post above where I say why. I have no shame so I would admit it if that were the case.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
OH, Disregard my previous post. I actually had a chance to read message 95, and that cleared everything up.

really what did it say? I did't read it. I think you'll find that I am a hated guy. They say it's because I don't know anything about CPUs (except how to program them), but it's really because I call everyone to task for bad behavior including Intel and therein lies the problem.

It's fun to watch though so enjoy.

Baron.... hay baron.......

Dont be recommending AMD over any C2D... thats bad advice. I mean for a mere $50 bucks more in some cases, a C2D would cut booting time, loading time, and rendering time by 2 seconds. 90fps you say? Shame on you. Someone could buy a q6800 instead and get 190fps because you can reallllllly tell the difference, at only $700 more.

Stop your FUD and join the C2D Lemming party...

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006

Consider this to be a part of every post I make. Hey if it's good enough for Tom......

The styrofoam thing is still going on???? 8O

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Baron.... hay baron.......

Dont be recommending AMD over any C2D... thats bad advice. I mean for a mere $50 bucks more in some cases, a C2D would cut booting time, loading time, and rendering time by 2 seconds. 90fps you say? Shame on you. Someone could buy a q6800 instead and get 190fps because you can reallllllly tell the difference, at only $700 more.

Stop your FUD and join the C2D Lemming party...

yet more reason why I do't recommend C2D unless a person asks about it. If a person is contemplating X2 I will tell them that in most usage scenarios even PD can be overkill.

And will somene please ost the definition of FUD. Wait, I will. It s said to be drawn from IBM trying to convince peole that another company's product was no good.

Wait, that's what all of you do. Every review I have seen clearly states that though Core 2 IS faster X2 is not to be disregarded as it still powers the heck out of games and productivity apps.

It's even cheaper now.

There is the problem though:

99% of all home/business users do 3 things on their computer
1.) Word processing
2.) Email
3.) Web browsing

Why dont they benchmark Word 2003?
What if the X2 4800 scored 85wpm and the e6600 scored 92wpm. Would the cost of the C2D outweigh the benefits of a 7wpm gain?

What if you were writing a 50 word stanza? You would never realize the gain from using the C2D.

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006

90FPS? If only dude, if only. I'm getting 50 with a frickin' X1800XT... because I have a bloody 640. Not that I'm complaining, my parents paid for this thing when I deserved no more than a pocket calculator.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

1.) Word processing
2.) Email
3.) Web browsing

What if the X2 4800 scored 85wpm and the e6600 scored 92wpm. Would the cost of the C2D outweigh the benefits of a 7wpm gain?

What if you were writing a 50 word stanza? You would never realize the gain from using the C2D.

That's the point I always try to make. I don't doubt the superority of C2D, but my 3200+ only got replaced because it was single channel RAM. And I could have gotten a higher clocked single core cheaper that would have been more than enough.

The only thing EE/FX ( the fastest chip) gets you is bragging rights.

SockPuppet

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006

1.) Word processing
2.) Email
3.) Web browsing

That's the point I always try to make. I don't doubt the superority of C2D, but my 3200+ only got replaced because it was single channel RAM. And I could have gotten a higher clocked single core cheaper that would have been more than enough.

Aren't you the one always saying that you can't wait to get your hands on a Quad FX system because you do heavy-duty development work? Many Virtual Machines running at the same time and all that? Surely to someone like you, processor speed is a little more precious than what you're letting on.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

1.) Word processing
2.) Email
3.) Web browsing

Aren't you the one always saying that you can't wait to get your hands on a Quad FX system because you do heavy-duty development work? Many Virtual Machines running at the same time and all that? Surely to someone like you, processor speed is a little more precious than what you're letting on.

For most of that RAM is more important and they locked the slots at 1GB so I could only have 4GB. The proc speed would help for some things but my 2.3GHz 4400+ runs the heck out of VMs.

I will probaby end up waiting for Agena. One of those at 2.3GHz will do bad things to my current chip. Though Agena FX is not out as the better power management would definitely lower power reqs.

Who knows. Maybe I'll get the slowest Barcelona for the QFX board. They should work.

RichPLS

Champion

Page 4-Message #95

I had never saw it before and it was interesting. I wonder if the other sites have that. Maybe we can have Jack do the search. It seems he hasn't much of a life anyway.

Odd that you would say that after starting this thread. :roll:

:p :mrgreen: :tongue: :trophy: :trophy: