unknown pci device in device manager

pepperg

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
got a yellow "?" under 'other devices' in device manager, and i am unsure of how to get it recognized. tried properties and update driver, but none cannot be found. not sure what the device is, since everything i have plugged in seems to be accounted for-

linksys wireless adaptor under network adapters
throttle, pedal, and joystick under ch products
hard drives under disk drives
8800gtx under display adapter
lite on under dvd drives
floppy under floppy
ms natural keyboard under keyboard
razor mouse under mic
nec under monitor
creative xfi under sound

nothing left asaik

anyone got any ideas?

occdavid

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
Not sure about your 680i motherboard but I'm betting it's something onboard - ie second controler for sata/raid? I think mine did that until I loaded the silicon drivers for the 2 e-sata ports my MB has out the back.

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Onboard sound? You've got your Creative card installed but the system will still see the onboard sound chip. I have the same thing because since I've got a Creative sound card I never bothered with installing onboard sound. Though I should anyway, because that way I can leave my speakers connected to the Creative and my headset to onboard, and switch speakers/headset without having to switch plugs. Haven't gotten around to it yet though.

occdavid

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
Yes drivers came with MB but as I was putting Vista on I dont think I used the disk... Vista took care of it and then I think I updated them from the website.
And yes check with what Jeff said too. It's for sure something thats onboard the MB.

TRENDING THREADS