Special abilities

Mike

Splendid

In Colosseum, is there a way to make a pokemon NOT use it's special
ability?

i.e... I have a real good team put together, but right now I'm using
Sudowoodo for a rock type, I have caught and purified Tyranitar, and
would MUCH rather use him, or course. BUT... I can't stand his special
ability of instant sandstorm when ever he's sent out. Hate sitting there
100 times to watch "a sandstorm is brewing" and "the sandstorm caused
the pokemon damage" between each and every turn for each and every
pokemon.

Is there any way to disable it?

"Chet Weaver - Intersteller Hitchhiker" <ZeroOhki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:42bc7e74@news.usenetzone.com...
> Mike wrote:
>> In Colosseum, is there a way to make a pokemon NOT use it's special
>> ability?
>>
>> i.e... I have a real good team put together, but right now I'm using
>> Sudowoodo for a rock type, I have caught and purified Tyranitar, and
>> would MUCH rather use him, or course. BUT... I can't stand his special
>> ability of instant sandstorm when ever he's sent out. Hate sitting there
>> 100 times to watch "a sandstorm is brewing" and "the sandstorm caused
>> the pokemon damage" between each and every turn for each and every
>> pokemon.
>>
>> Is there any way to disable it?
>>
> Not that I'm aware of, but that may change in Pokemon XD: Gale of
> Darkness. For right now, though, I think weather abilities like
> Tyrantitar's Sandstream can be blocked by a Pokemon with an ability that
> prevents weather effects, like Air Lock or Psy/Golduck's Cloud Nine. You
> could also try changing the weather yourself with Sunny Day or Rain Dance.

Hmm... makes me wonder... Air Lock prevents weather effects, right? If
Rayquaza is attacked with a Thunder during a Rain Dance, does it still have
a near 100% hit ratio? I've never used Air Lock in a battle yet. Does it
just clear up the weather instantly or does it just negate the effects?
--
Fluxxdog

The worst crime you can commit against another human is to make them think.