Setting a delay

How can I set a 30 second delay before the call will be forwarded to VM? As of
now I only get about 19-20 seconds before the call is automatically forwarded
to VM. I miss a lot of calls because 20 seconds sometimes doesn't give me
enough time to answer a call especially if I left the phone in another room and
I have to either climb up or down a 3 story townhouse.
Any suggestions appreciated

In <20041228043112.06154.00001706@mb-m21.aol.com> on 28 Dec 2004 09:31:12 GMT,
navelguy00@aol.com (NavelGuy00) wrote:

>How can I set a 30 second delay before the call will be forwarded to VM? As of
>now I only get about 19-20 seconds before the call is automatically forwarded
>to VM. I miss a lot of calls because 20 seconds sometimes doesn't give me
>enough time to answer a call especially if I left the phone in another room and
>I have to either climb up or down a 3 story townhouse.
>Any suggestions appreciated

Standard GSM codes:

Divert Voice Calls, No Answer
Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments

Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]

Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]

Query: *#61*11#[SEND]

May not work on all networks, but does work on Cingular.
The "destination" is the voice mailbox number, not your mobile number!
Do a Query first to get the correct destination number.

Do you have to set it first?
The below query doesn't work for me--says not available.
The shorter queries like *#61# work. But none of the longer strings with *11# in them work.

In article <7W9Ad.14888$_3.172807@typhoon.sonic.net>, spamfilter0
@navasgroup.com says...

> In <20041228043112.06154.00001706@mb-m21.aol.com> on 28 Dec 2004 09:31:12 GMT,
> navelguy00@aol.com (NavelGuy00) wrote:
>
> >How can I set a 30 second delay before the call will be forwarded to VM? As of
> >now I only get about 19-20 seconds before the call is automatically forwarded
> >to VM. I miss a lot of calls because 20 seconds sometimes doesn't give me
> >enough time to answer a call especially if I left the phone in another room and
> >I have to either climb up or down a 3 story townhouse.
> >Any suggestions appreciated
>
> Standard GSM codes:
>
> Divert Voice Calls, No Answer
> Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
>
> Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]
>
> Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]
>
> Query: *#61*11#[SEND]
>
> May not work on all networks, but does work on Cingular.
> The "destination" is the voice mailbox number, not your mobile number!
> Do a Query first to get the correct destination number.

There was a recent thread about normal forwarding and the
default/global/master no-answer voice mail forwarding that is in effect
if no manual forwarding is active. The 61 code above is the "normal"
forwarding code that overrides the default to voice mail. Once you use
it to change the delay and then cancel it the account will still forward
to VM--but will the new delay time work for that or will it revert back
to the original delay? If it reverts then the OP would need to use 61
from then on just to have calls go to VM--not good.

My suggestion would be to call CS. They can change the delay to 30
seconds for the default VM forwarding for the account. They did it for
me awhile back without a quibble.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

"Jud Hardcastle" <l5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.removethis.com> wrote in
message news:MPG.1c3b377a4e81025a989859@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net...
> In article <7W9Ad.14888$_3.172807@typhoon.sonic.net>, spamfilter0
> @navasgroup.com says...
>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>> In <20041228043112.06154.00001706@mb-m21.aol.com> on 28 Dec 2004 09:31:12
>> GMT,
>> navelguy00@aol.com (NavelGuy00) wrote:
>>
>> >How can I set a 30 second delay before the call will be forwarded to VM?
>> >As of
>> >now I only get about 19-20 seconds before the call is automatically
>> >forwarded
>> >to VM. I miss a lot of calls because 20 seconds sometimes doesn't give
>> >me
>> >enough time to answer a call especially if I left the phone in another
>> >room and
>> >I have to either climb up or down a 3 story townhouse.
>> >Any suggestions appreciated
>>
>> Standard GSM codes:
>>
>> Divert Voice Calls, No Answer
>> Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
>>
>> Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]
>>
>> Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]
>>
>> Query: *#61*11#[SEND]
>>
>> May not work on all networks, but does work on Cingular.
>> The "destination" is the voice mailbox number, not your mobile number!
>> Do a Query first to get the correct destination number.
>>

> There was a recent thread about normal forwarding and the
> default/global/master no-answer voice mail forwarding that is in effect
> if no manual forwarding is active. The 61 code above is the "normal"
> forwarding code that overrides the default to voice mail. Once you use
> it to change the delay and then cancel it the account will still forward
> to VM--but will the new delay time work for that or will it revert back
> to the original delay? If it reverts then the OP would need to use 61
> from then on just to have calls go to VM--not good.
>
> My suggestion would be to call CS. They can change the delay to 30
> seconds for the default VM forwarding for the account. They did it for
> me awhile back without a quibble.
> --
> Jud
> Dallas TX USA

Or try this, it worked for me.
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=dcedcf8341e903cffbe28969eab07e97&threadid=364632

bamp

Taking a moment's reflection, NavelGuy00 mused:

| Any suggestions appreciated

I just called Cingular, and they extended it for me.

In <a8bAd.4919$aM4.803121@twister.southeast.rr.com> on Tue, 28 Dec 2004
11:07:50 GMT, "N Hamilton" <no_spamham@no_spamnc.rr.com> wrote:

>Do you have to set it first?

No.

>The below query doesn't work for me--says not available.

If *#61*11#[SEND] doesn't work, then your network doesn't support this
function.

>The shorter queries like *#61# work. But none of the longer strings with *11# in them work.

Then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:7W9Ad.14888$_3.172807@typhoon.sonic.net...
>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>> In <20041228043112.06154.00001706@mb-m21.aol.com> on 28 Dec 2004 09:31:12 GMT,
>> navelguy00@aol.com (NavelGuy00) wrote:
>>
>>>How can I set a 30 second delay before the call will be forwarded to VM? As of
>>>now I only get about 19-20 seconds before the call is automatically forwarded
>>>to VM. I miss a lot of calls because 20 seconds sometimes doesn't give me
>>>enough time to answer a call especially if I left the phone in another room and
>>>I have to either climb up or down a 3 story townhouse.
>>>Any suggestions appreciated
>>
>> Standard GSM codes:
>>
>> Divert Voice Calls, No Answer
>> Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
>>
>> Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]
>>
>> Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]
>>
>> Query: *#61*11#[SEND]
>>
>> May not work on all networks, but does work on Cingular.
>> The "destination" is the voice mailbox number, not your mobile number!
>> Do a Query first to get the correct destination number.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
>> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

So since I'm a Cingular customer, this quote of yours isn't exactly correct?

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:aPhAd.14930$_3.173504@typhoon.sonic.net...

> In <a8bAd.4919$aM4.803121@twister.southeast.rr.com> on Tue, 28 Dec 2004
> 11:07:50 GMT, "N Hamilton" <no_spamham@no_spamnc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Do you have to set it first?
>
> No.
>
>>The below query doesn't work for me--says not available.
>
> If *#61*11#[SEND] doesn't work, then your network doesn't support this
> function.
>
>>The shorter queries like *#61# work. But none of the longer strings with *11# in them work.
>
> Then I'm afraid you're out of luck.
>
>>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:7W9Ad.14888$_3.172807@typhoon.sonic.net...
>>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

>>> Standard GSM codes:
>>>
>>> Divert Voice Calls, No Answer
>>> Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
>>>
>>> Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]
>>>
>>> Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]
>>>
>>> Query: *#61*11#[SEND]
>>>
>>> May not work on all networks, but does work on Cingular.
>>> The "destination" is the voice mailbox number, not your mobile number!
>>> Do a Query first to get the correct destination number.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
>>> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

It does work on Cingular. You may be roaming on some other network (e.g.,
ATTWS, Suncom, T-Mobile). Or you may be in an area where Cingular hasn't
implemented that feature.