mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
hi, im trying to disable the safesearch in google but its not working,

I have already disabled the SafeSearch in Google Preferences, saved it,
but I still see:

'Strict SafeSearch is on in' Google Image search.

Could you please let me know what is wrong?

fallentech

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Google uses cookies to set "permissions", If they are disabled than you may see that issue. Or if it happens only when you restart the browser window, you may have cookies set to be used only for the current session. Good luck

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Google uses cookies to set "permissions", If they are disabled than you may see that issue. Or if it happens only when you restart the browser window, you may have cookies set to be used only for the current session. Good luck

is it possible that you could tell me what to do exactly? how do i set the cookies to be used in all sessions? To enable the cookies i went to tools, internet options, privacy and i put accept all cookies but it still didnt work, did i do somwthing wrong? By restarting the browser do you mean just closing it and reopening it?
thanks

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Which browser are you using, i.e. ?

Your browser cache might be fall. Try to empty it and see if that helps.

im using internet explorer, if i use firefox will it work? i tried deleting all cookies and emptying the cache but that didnt work...

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
I would recommend that you run fire fox anyway.

is your IP address hiding behind a proxy or something?

Try this. delete all your cookies , go to the main google search page, click on preferences , select Do not filter my search results. now go back into Internet explorer tools and click on view cookies. If you see a google cookie then you have cookies enabled. In that case I don't know what else to tell you other than, if I were you I would try Firefox.

fallentech

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
if you use firefox and it doesn't work I would be very concerned.....
Useing IE go to control panel then, internet option, Privacy tab, set to low or medium... good luck

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
if you use firefox and it doesn't work I would be very concerned.....
Useing IE go to control panel then, internet option, Privacy tab, set to low or medium... good luck

i used firefox but i still didnt work, i also tried moving the privacy tab all the way to the bottom but that also didnt work, i dont know what else to try!!

fallentech

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I you are using your the computer we are talking about to post on this site, your cookies are fine. Which means you have a different issue. I would look at anti spyware/parental control programs. I you have non of those running, your computer might just be possesed. Google definately uses cookies to hold their preferances, because both IE and Firefox both loose the setting, something is killing cookies in both programs, so it only makes sense that you have a cookie killer someware.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
I you are using your the computer we are talking about to post on this site, your cookies are fine. Which means you have a different issue. I would look at anti spyware/parental control programs. I you have non of those running, your computer might just be possesed. Google definately uses cookies to hold their preferances, because both IE and Firefox both loose the setting, something is killing cookies in both programs, so it only makes sense that you have a cookie killer someware.

i think you're right, i have been getting a lot of random popups, proving that my computer is full of spyware, but the problem is that no program since to get rid off all the spyware. Do you think bearshare is causing the problem, because until now, all the anti spyware programs i have used seem to target "when u" from bearshare. If not, do you know any good programs that can rid all spyware of my computer with one full scan?

fallentech

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
there are alot of good programs out there to get rid of spyware, but no program is perfect and gets all of the spyware. It's always good to use more than 1 program. I suggest that you use at least 3, ad aware, M$ anti spyware, and spybot search and destroy are the ones I use. I also recommend a good anti-virus, AVG is a good free one. There are some spyware tthat cannot be removed by using normal means and you may have to seek help after you findout what spyware you have, spyaxe is a good example of hard to remove spyware. good luck

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
there are alot of good programs out there to get rid of spyware, but no program is perfect and gets all of the spyware. It's always good to use more than 1 program. I suggest that you use at least 3, ad aware, M$ anti spyware, and spybot search and destroy are the ones I use. I also recommend a good anti-virus, AVG is a good free one. There are some spyware tthat cannot be removed by using normal means and you may have to seek help after you findout what spyware you have, spyaxe is a good example of hard to remove spyware. good luck

thanks for the info, ill be sure to download them all!