Cheapest computer store to pickup video cards in Australia?

DrussTheCrazy

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
Hi Guys,
I recognise that there are a number of aussies in this forum so i just wanted to ask if anyone has found any cheap places that will either ship to sydney or around the sydney area i can pickup cheap gfx cards?i mean besides msy and fluidtek & umart ?or even anywhere i can pick up cheap 2nd hand video cards dont particularly mind any thoguhts or suggestions?

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
First of all 8O where have all the Aussies gone . :lol:

here is a aussie store i came by on google http://www.pcmarket.com.au/

Take it easy m8 :D cheers

randomizer

Champion
For starters, fluidtek isnt that cheap they just got lots of deals. And their site stinks, to find if they got something you gotta hope its in the thursday specials. MSY you wait to long in a line if you get pickup. Umart I think are good. But yea as suggested b4 try StaticIce

Every place is good for different items so answering you question isnt easy.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... (somebody finish it please)

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
For starters, fluidtek isnt that cheap they just got lots of deals. And their site stinks, to find if they got something you gotta hope its in the thursday specials. MSY you wait to long in a line if you get pickup. Umart I think are good. But yea as suggested b4 try StaticIce

Every place is good for different items so answering you question isnt easy.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... (somebody finish it please)

Oi Oi Oi! - staticice is great lol, especially how it can find typos in pricing then you order before they can change it so you get loads off. i got a creative zen vision m 60gb for $300 instead of $360.

MSY is good, if you know EXACTLY what you want, and you pre-order and you get there early, they are cheap but very busy.

DrussTheCrazy

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
depends when you go to msy i work right next door to it so i can go anytime i work at the accs building for repairing mobile phones lol

DrussTheCrazy

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
4 $239.00 256MB MSI RX1950PRO-T2D256E ATI Radeon X1950Pro 2XDVI X1950 Pro PCI-Express...
MSY (NSW, VIC) | www.msy.com.au | updated: 29-03-2007
5 $239.00 Video Card PCI-e (ATI) X1950Pro 256MB HIS
IT Estate (NSW) | www.itestate.com.au | updated: 29-03-2007

which one you reckon guys?ive heard HIS has really good HSF they are both the same price but where is itestate?do they only deliver do they?

bLAKEpERKINS

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
While the prices at umart are good, i hate the customer service, Took em 1 hour to find my purchase (a shit water cooling kit). MSY tend to sell stuff at teh same prices as Umart +/- $5, but because they are not as busy they tend to get your orders quicker. Other good shops are little one that don't really have websites, like computerguru (they have the most pointless site ever) but they chagre a little more, but you get better warenties etc etc.

Also herd good stuff bout computer alliance.

bLAKE

chungdokwan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Australia is the best country in the galaxy having said that I use Gamedude http://www.gamedude.com.au/.

Thier prices are generally pretty good and they do COD which is great if you don't trust yourself enough for a credit card (like me).

Only thing is thier based on the Gold Coast so I don't know if shipping to Sydney would cancel out any cost benefit or not.

Worth a look anyway.

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Yea I'm Aussie, but I buy all my stuff from our suppliers, as I get a staff discount for being the Computer Tech. :)
Not always the cheapest way, but very quick and much easier to organise replacement under warranty. :)

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Wow! real power. I was drooling over the one I bough for 6 months all more.
Here's the link. TRS 80 Power machine

Just out of school had to hit my mum to go reference on the loan application.
Cost me $899.00 at the time. 8O That was a lot of money for 1979.
:lol: :lol:

chungdokwan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
LOL just had a look at the wiki(your link didn't work) do you still have it ?
Would be worth money in a museum or something, My mobile phone is a super computer compared to it.

1.77 MHZ woo hoo

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Try this. :oops: my fault. I had the Model 1.
I sold it to my father and I think he's still got it.
If I remember rightly it stopped working about 10 years ago. Our family tend to horde things.

TRS 80 (I Hope)

Lazarus7

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Correct, however I feel I should inform some of our less knowledgable viewers that the Western part of Australia is significantly better than the rest :D

Lazarus7

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Haha, always good to have a bit of East vs West rivalry...it's what makes footy so good, love to beat the Vics, especially Collingwood.

Go the Eagles
:p

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
I don't care much for state diffs. I Live in NSW, came from Vic. (still have family's in Vic) and have family living in QLD. Also have reles in Tas and I think even one in WA. All our state governments only care about the Capital Cities anyway.

As for Football, I've only ever been a Carlton supporter so I follow the club not the state. Go Blues. :D