HDTV TIVO and phone connection

Last response: in Home Theatre
October 9, 2004 12:57:24 AM

I just got the new hdtv Tivo and it says I need a phone connection
but don't have a wall outlet in that room.. Can I do without it or
can I use the kind of jack that just plugs into an electric outlet?

Thanks
Bassman
October 9, 2004 9:35:21 AM

"bassman" <bassman137@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just got the new hdtv Tivo and it says I need a phone connection
> but don't have a wall outlet in that room.. Can I do without it or
> can I use the kind of jack that just plugs into an electric outlet?
>
> Thanks
> Bassman

You need a phone connection to run setup. I use an RCA wireless phone jack
labeled for modem use that comes with a transmitter and receiver. It works
fine.

Pat
!