Solved

Can't get application to run on startup.

I am attempting to have an application run on startup. I put the application in the startup folder in the start menu, but that didn't work. It shows up under startup in msconfig, and the box is checked, but when I restart the application does not run. Any ideas?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about application startup
  1. What kind of program is it, and how sure are you that it doesn't actually run and then perhaps exit immediately due to some unexpected condition?
  2. The application is called CPUID HWMonitor, and I am not sure that it doesn't initially run and then exit, I just assumed it doesn't because when I run it manually it has not exhibited that behavior as of yet.
  3. When you run it manually, does it give you a UAC prompt? If so, that might prevent it from running at startup.
  4. Yes, there is always a UAC prompt. So UAC = no startup? Seems odd. Anyway around this?
  5. Best answer
    I don't have any personal experience doing this myself, but you might try using Task Manager as suggested by the last post in this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic139324.html
  6. Using the Task Scheduler works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help sminlal, I really appreciate it.

Just in case the link dies, here is what it says (and it worked for me, at least the first time):

- Start Task Scheduler
    - Create basic task, give it a name
    - Set trigger as When I log on
    - Set Action as Start a program
    - Point Program to afterburner executable file
    - Set Add Arguments to: -T
    - check "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish", click finish
    - Select "Run with highest privileges", OK
  7. Best answer selected by jsanthara.
Ask a new question

Read More

Start Menu Msconfig Windows 7