I am attempting to have an application run on startup. I put the application in the startup folder in the start menu, but that didn't work. It shows up under startup in msconfig, and the box is checked, but when I restart the application does not run. Any ideas?
The application is called CPUID HWMonitor, and I am not sure that it doesn't initially run and then exit, I just assumed it doesn't because when I run it manually it has not exhibited that behavior as of yet.
Using the Task Scheduler works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help sminlal, I really appreciate it.
Just in case the link dies, here is what it says (and it worked for me, at least the first time):
- Start Task Scheduler
- Create basic task, give it a name
- Set trigger as When I log on
- Set Action as Start a program
- Point Program to afterburner executable file
- Set Add Arguments to: -T
- check "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish", click finish
- Select "Run with highest privileges", OK