Sign in with
Your question

8800gtx power question..please help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 28, 2007 2:03:11 AM

In the next week or so I am going to step up from my 8800gts 640 to the 8800gtx and am planning on upgrading my psu along with the card. I currently have a 550w rosewil but have been told by quite a few people, mostly on this board, that it just won't cut it when it comes to powering the 8800gtx. I would like to buy this psu----> the psu that I would like to buy

and wanted to know what everyone thinks. Will this power my system? Judging from the reviews people have used this to run the gtx' in sli so I would assume that it would be the perfect solution for just running one.

thanks a lot,
Marc

More about : 8800gtx power question

March 28, 2007 2:47:23 AM

Quote:
In the next week or so I am going to step up from my 8800gts 640 to the 8800gtx and am planning on upgrading my psu along with the card. I currently have a 550w rosewil but have been told by quite a few people, mostly on this board, that it just won't cut it when it comes to powering the 8800gtx. I would like to buy this psu----> the psu that I would like to buy

and wanted to know what everyone thinks. Will this power my system? Judging from the reviews people have used this to run the gtx' in sli so I would assume that it would be the perfect solution for just running one.

thanks a lot,
Marc

I've read wonders of the Power&cooling 750 QUAD.
(60 full single rail amperage)
March 28, 2007 4:58:14 AM

That is a excellent :D  POWER SUPPLY UNIT - i KNOW THAT cause i own one :D 

Very quiet

50 a on 3 rails -awesome power

Modular supply - comes with a awesome packing kit with all the wires -very professional .

JUST VISIT THIS PAGE IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/HX_power_supply.ht... :D 

I have this power supply and it absolutely rocks :D  :D  :D 

ALSO if forgot to mention it comes with a 5 YEAR WARRANTY - Buy it now :D  :D 

On a side note - I don't work for corsair :lol:  although this power supply is so good :D 
March 28, 2007 2:04:43 PM

thanks a lot guys. I think that I wil make the switch when I upgrade the gpu

Marc
!