passwords need to be entered

April 4, 2005 11:27:11 PM

Hi

I am running xp home through an internet sharing connection to a machine
running xp pro. Every time I open my outlook express I need to enter
passwords for my email accounts. The remember passwords box thing is ticked
but greyed out and never remembers my passwords.

I tried a fix a while back - but didn't work. Any step by step approach to
making this work would be appreicated.

Thanks

Doug

More about : passwords entered

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:27:12 PM

"Doug" <dougie_cam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am running xp home through an internet sharing connection to a machine
>running xp pro. Every time I open my outlook express I need to enter
>passwords for my email accounts. The remember passwords box thing is ticked
>but greyed out and never remembers my passwords.

See "OLEXP: Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264672). Further help is
available from

--
(tm)