Hussar

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Hi. I bought a new computer about 2 weeks ago. I purchased a Lite-On 18x DVD-RW drive. It worked for about 2 weeks. Then my sister came and put a cd into the drive while the computer was in sleep mode. After that it never worked again. If I go into my computer it doesn't say there is a drive. What could be the problem? We went to get another drive, connected it but it has the same problem. Any idea?

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
Can you be a little more specific about your computer. Do you have only one cd/dvd drive or did you add a second. What about your burning software - most new computers come with a demo. Did your new drive come with another burning software like Nero or Roxio? 8O

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Does the drive show up in your BIOS? Go into Control Panel, Admin Tools, Computer Management, Drive Management and see if it shows up there and if so, is there a drive letter?

marioellis

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Does the drive show up in your BIOS? Go into Control Panel, Admin Tools, Computer Management, Drive Management and see if it shows up there and if so, is there a drive letter?

No a letter doesnt show for that drive!! what should i do?