Sign in with
Your question

Can't Find DVD Drive?

Last response: in Storage
March 28, 2007 4:44:19 AM

Hi. I bought a new computer about 2 weeks ago. I purchased a Lite-On 18x DVD-RW drive. It worked for about 2 weeks. Then my sister came and put a cd into the drive while the computer was in sleep mode. After that it never worked again. If I go into my computer it doesn't say there is a drive. What could be the problem? We went to get another drive, connected it but it has the same problem. Any idea?

More about : find dvd drive

March 28, 2007 5:38:41 AM

Can you be a little more specific about your computer. Do you have only one cd/dvd drive or did you add a second. What about your burning software - most new computers come with a demo. Did your new drive come with another burning software like Nero or Roxio? 8O
March 28, 2007 3:31:25 PM

Does the drive show up in your BIOS? Go into Control Panel, Admin Tools, Computer Management, Drive Management and see if it shows up there and if so, is there a drive letter?
June 20, 2009 12:39:09 AM

Does the drive show up in your BIOS? Go into Control Panel, Admin Tools, Computer Management, Drive Management and see if it shows up there and if so, is there a drive letter?

No a letter doesnt show for that drive!! what should i do?
!