Toolbar missing

Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.

My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
msoffice.exe) which was useful.
Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.
6 answers Last reply
More about toolbar missing

    On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:04:55 GMT, Yabbadoo wrote:

    > Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
    >
    > My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
    > msoffice.exe) which was useful.
    > Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
    > want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
    > helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.

    I'm pretty sure that they removed the Office toolbar from Office 2003. You
    could double check by asking in one of the Office newsgroups.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    But WinXP allows you to make your own toolbars, too.

    Rightclick on an empty spot on the taskbar. Select Toolbars|new toolbar.

    Create shortcuts to your favorite files and folders.

    Dock it where you want.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Yabba

    That nasty little toolbar used resources.. the taskbar allows for custom
    'quick launch' bars, thought to be honest, it is as easy to create a start
    menu folder containing Office Icons that gets in the way of nothing at all..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Yabbadoo" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
    > Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
    >
    > My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
    > msoffice.exe) which was useful.
    > Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
    > want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
    > helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.

    Thanks, Sharon & Dave - help appreciated.
    Len
    "Yabbadoo" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
    > Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
    >
    > My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
    > msoffice.exe) which was useful.
    > Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
    > want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
    > helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.

    Perhaps I'm a dinosaur, but I actually LIKED that toolbar (and installed
    sufficient memory that "resources" ween't stretched). Not to worry, I've
    created my own custom one, though the new icons (in O2003) are not as
    prominent as the 0pd MS ones (bland colours and definition, don't stand
    out). Thought - perhaps MS could offer the toolbar as an option?
    Thanks for the info. Len

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:27:40 GMT, Yabbadoo wrote:

    > Perhaps I'm a dinosaur, but I actually LIKED that toolbar (and installed
    > sufficient memory that "resources" ween't stretched). Not to worry, I've
    > created my own custom one, though the new icons (in O2003) are not as
    > prominent as the 0pd MS ones (bland colours and definition, don't stand
    > out). Thought - perhaps MS could offer the toolbar as an option?
    > Thanks for the info. Len

    A lot of people liked and used the old toolbar. There were some changes in
    Outlook where you can link to other Office apps within the navigation. It's
    obviously not the same as the old toolbar and does not fully duplicate all
    of the old toolbar functions. Am glad to hear that, for now, you found a
    workaround that does the job for you.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User