Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Toolbar missing

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 4, 2005 4:04:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.

My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
msoffice.exe) which was useful.
Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.

More about : toolbar missing

Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 4, 2005 4:04:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:04:55 GMT, Yabbadoo wrote:

> Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
>
> My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
> msoffice.exe) which was useful.
> Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
> want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
> helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.

I'm pretty sure that they removed the Office toolbar from Office 2003. You
could double check by asking in one of the Office newsgroups.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 4, 2005 4:04:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

But WinXP allows you to make your own toolbars, too.

Rightclick on an empty spot on the taskbar. Select Toolbars|new toolbar.

Create shortcuts to your favorite files and folders.

Dock it where you want.

Sharon F wrote:
>
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:04:55 GMT, Yabbadoo wrote:
>
> > Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
> >
> > My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
> > msoffice.exe) which was useful.
> > Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
> > want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
> > helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.
>
> I'm pretty sure that they removed the Office toolbar from Office 2003. You
> could double check by asking in one of the Office newsgroups.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

--

Dave Peterson
Related resources
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 4, 2005 4:14:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Yabba

That nasty little toolbar used resources.. the taskbar allows for custom
'quick launch' bars, thought to be honest, it is as easy to create a start
menu folder containing Office Icons that gets in the way of nothing at all..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm





"Yabbadoo" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
news:H3a4e.11285$kr.155@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
>
> My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
> msoffice.exe) which was useful.
> Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
> want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
> helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 4, 2005 7:16:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Thanks, Sharon & Dave - help appreciated.
Len
"Yabbadoo" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
news:H3a4e.11285$kr.155@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
>
> My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
> msoffice.exe) which was useful.
> Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
> want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
> helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 5, 2005 3:27:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Perhaps I'm a dinosaur, but I actually LIKED that toolbar (and installed
sufficient memory that "resources" ween't stretched). Not to worry, I've
created my own custom one, though the new icons (in O2003) are not as
prominent as the 0pd MS ones (bland colours and definition, don't stand
out). Thought - perhaps MS could offer the toolbar as an option?
Thanks for the info. Len
"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:e2xEtFTOFHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Yabba
>
> That nasty little toolbar used resources.. the taskbar allows for custom
> 'quick launch' bars, thought to be honest, it is as easy to create a start
> menu folder containing Office Icons that gets in the way of nothing at
> all..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
>
>
>
>
> "Yabbadoo" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
> news:H3a4e.11285$kr.155@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>> Just loaded Office 2003 plus updates, into XPPro.
>>
>> My "old" office used to have a toolbar (if memory serves, was called
>> msoffice.exe) which was useful.
>> Where is it in 2003? The folder "msoffice" contains the prog shortcuts I
>> want on the toolbar, but I'd rather have the toolbar. Tried Office2003
>> helpfile, went all round the houses but no actual answer.
>>
>
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 5, 2005 3:27:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:27:40 GMT, Yabbadoo wrote:

> Perhaps I'm a dinosaur, but I actually LIKED that toolbar (and installed
> sufficient memory that "resources" ween't stretched). Not to worry, I've
> created my own custom one, though the new icons (in O2003) are not as
> prominent as the 0pd MS ones (bland colours and definition, don't stand
> out). Thought - perhaps MS could offer the toolbar as an option?
> Thanks for the info. Len

A lot of people liked and used the old toolbar. There were some changes in
Outlook where you can link to other Office apps within the navigation. It's
obviously not the same as the old toolbar and does not fully duplicate all
of the old toolbar functions. Am glad to hear that, for now, you found a
workaround that does the job for you.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
!