Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HDTV PCI TUNER FOR MEDIA CENTER 2005

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 10:40:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

WHAT HDTV PC CARD WILL WORK FOR MCE 2005?


--
killin@u.com
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 9:09:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Use the appropriate group for that question news:microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter .


"FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message news:wNqdne38o_L2J_TcRVn-og@comcast.com...
> WHAT HDTV PC CARD WILL WORK FOR MCE 2005?
>
>
> --
> killin@u.com
>
>
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 11:24:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

this is a free forum
the tiltle says HDTV
duhh

"John Eckart" <JEckart@mail.com> wrote in message
news:CAoad.8863$UP1.5885@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
Use the appropriate group for that question
news:microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter .


"FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message
news:wNqdne38o_L2J_TcRVn-og@comcast.com...
> WHAT HDTV PC CARD WILL WORK FOR MCE 2005?
>
>
> --
> killin@u.com
>
>
Related resources
October 11, 2004 4:56:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message
news:WcqdnfaxALPX8PfcRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
> this is a free forum
> the tiltle says HDTV
> duhh
>
> "John Eckart" <JEckart@mail.com> wrote in message
> news:CAoad.8863$UP1.5885@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Use the appropriate group for that question
> news:microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter .
>
>
> "FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message
> news:wNqdne38o_L2J_TcRVn-og@comcast.com...
>> WHAT HDTV PC CARD WILL WORK FOR MCE 2005?
>>
>>
>> --
>> killin@u.com
>>
Such technology is not ready for prime time, IMO. You want a cable
ready/Over the air DTV - HDTV compliant card. I don't know of any other
there yet and the few now available for Over the Air have problems.

Richard.
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 1:16:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

hi whar kind of problems. and what's the name of the cards/.
thanks.
I know a lot of users would like to know this now.

"Richard" <rfeirste at nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
news:10mleqdaaq1oc6f@corp.supernews.com...
>
> "FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message
> news:WcqdnfaxALPX8PfcRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
> > this is a free forum
> > the tiltle says HDTV
> > duhh
> >
> > "John Eckart" <JEckart@mail.com> wrote in message
> > news:CAoad.8863$UP1.5885@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> > Use the appropriate group for that question
> > news:microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter .
> >
> >
> > "FatDaddy" <KillinU@worm.com> wrote in message
> > news:wNqdne38o_L2J_TcRVn-og@comcast.com...
> >> WHAT HDTV PC CARD WILL WORK FOR MCE 2005?
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> killin@u.com
> >>
> Such technology is not ready for prime time, IMO. You want a cable
> ready/Over the air DTV - HDTV compliant card. I don't know of any other
> there yet and the few now available for Over the Air have problems.
>
> Richard.
>
>
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 11:13:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"
Although there are no PC cards that support CableCard, there *are*
cards
that support unencrypted QAM. How well they work, I don't know,
because
I don't have one.

"

Hey i was searching around and i think i might have found a pci video
card that is for digital tv with a cablecard slot. It looks like it
could work to decode encrypted cable signals legally.

http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2.asp

TwinhanDTV Cab-CI is a DVB-C card with designed-in common interface,
which allows you see both free-to-air & scrambled channels by one
signal card. Simply insert CAM and smart card from your cable provider,
you can enjoy more scrambled channels. More than your receiver,
TwinhanDTV Sat can record you favorite program into your PC and you
never miss it.

• High quality digital cable TV & radio receiving (DVB-C) -- TwinhanDTV
Cab-CI supports both free-to-air &
pay channel receiving
• Designed-in common interface for pay TV reception -- You need extra
CAM & subscribed smart card for
pay TV reception.

the specs are pretty cool. but i can't seem to find anywhere to buy it.
=(
i sent the company an email asking where i could, hopefully they are
selling it now.

Please post here if you can find out where to order this.


--
blict
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was posted via http://www.satelliteguys.us by blict
Anonymous
December 19, 2004 3:15:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

blict (blict.1hhlvk@satelliteguys.us) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> Hey i was searching around and i think i might have found a pci video
> card that is for digital tv with a cablecard slot. It looks like it
> could work to decode encrypted cable signals legally.
>
> http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2.asp
>
> TwinhanDTV Cab-CI is a DVB-C card with designed-in common interface,
> which allows you see both free-to-air & scrambled channels by one
> signal card.

This is for DVB (which is an OTA access-enabled system), not CableCard
(which is for US digital cable TV only).

--
Jeff Rife | "I have a question that could affect our entire
SPAM bait: | relationship...did you kill Coach Mattay?"
AskDOJ@usdoj.gov | "No!"
spam@ftc.gov | "But, you did dress him up like a woman...?"
| "Yeah."
| "Just checking."
| -- Alex Lambert and Brian Hackett, "Wings"
!