Sign in with
Your question

DVD/Video editing software

Last response: in Applications
February 22, 2006 4:11:51 PM

I have purchased several swimming instructional videos. First, I would like to make a copy of that so when I use it with my swimmers I do not have to worry about ruining the DVD. Second, with the copy of the DVD I have made I would like to edit out certain scenes, chapters and shorten it to the important parts of the DVD when I show my swimmers. Is this legal and if so what is the best software to accomplish this?
March 12, 2006 9:21:50 PM

Quote:
I have purchased several swimming instructional videos. First, I would like to make a copy of that so when I use it with my swimmers I do not have to worry about ruining the DVD. Second, with the copy of the DVD I have made I would like to edit out certain scenes, chapters and shorten it to the important parts of the DVD when I show my swimmers. Is this legal and if so what is the best software to accomplish this?

i believe its illegal to reproduce and edit someone elses work
May 16, 2006 4:57:14 AM

As long your not distributing and selling it then you should be ok. But if someone steals your work and it comes back to you, you can be in trouble.
Related resources
August 8, 2006 11:48:15 PM

i am looking for the same thing as the original post. i am not going to be ditsributing or anything like that. i will be using existing games of our high school and i have a dvd i want to get a couple of drills off of so i can show the kids. so what is a good software to do this?
August 12, 2006 4:17:45 PM

Quote:

Legal? If its copyrighted I would say no, but unless someone sees it played back and knows instantly you've altered it and turns you in to the proper authorities, or you sell it for personal gain and get caught!!!

OK Nuff said there, now it probably cannot be done with just one software but I may be wrong there but theres a couple of ways to accomplish this but the first thing you have to do is get the file into an editable file.

One Way is:
Rip the DVD to a HDD file.
Convert that file to an editable AVI, WMV, MPEG, [Whatever format the editing program can use]
Edit the file cutting out the sections you want to use.[Finding the proper software to do the job]
Then Burn the edited file to DVD.
POSSIBLE BUT WAY TOO MUCH TIME AND TROUBLE

Simplest way:
Get a Capture Program like Pinnacle USB700 USB 2.0, capture from your setop DVD player, [It captures in an editable file], edit in Pinnacle and then use Pinnacle to burn to disk using your computer, and DVD Burner.
There are other [CHEAPER] capture programs available like ADS USB 2.0, etc. Just make sure they have editing software with them.

I know for a fact Pinnacle will do exactly what you want.

:wink:
!