error loading dll file

Since I removed a crapload of spyware using spyware doctor, I get the following message everytime windows starts up "Error loading 0wao0o9s.dll, the specified module could not be found" I'm not really able to find any info on this file. Any help would be much appreciated
11 answers Last reply
More about error loading file
  1. I'm running XP Pro with all critical updates and that file cannot be found on my system.

    Of course it could belong to some software you have installed that I don't, or it could be that a piece of some spyware that is still trying to load at startup.
  2. You could probably use MSCONFIG to disable loading of this dll during startup. Since it's already not loading, disabling its specific startup entry would stop the error message appearing.
  3. That's left over from a malware.

    You will have to systematically check all the Start-Up locations to find it.

    Check in all the Startup folders first. Then Win.ini - Load & Run; Config.sys; Autoexec.bat.

    Registry: HKLM - Software - Microsoft - Windows - Current Version - Run;
    HKCU - (same as for HKLM)
  4. nilness said:
    You could probably use MSCONFIG to disable loading of this dll during startup. Since it's already not loading, disabling its specific startup entry would stop the error message appearing.


    Excellent idea!!!!!!
  5. none of these suggestions work. checked msconfig, win.ini etc nothing about the files mentioned in the errors i get. it only happens when a specific user logs in. admin doesn't get it. all spyware virus scans are clean. :fou:
  6. Quote:
    none of these suggestions work. checked msconfig, win.ini etc nothing about the files mentioned in the errors i get. it only happens when a specific user logs in. admin doesn't get it. all spyware virus scans are clean. :fou:


    A-Squared HiJackFree 3.1 worked for me. Download & run the stand alone (or you can install the full version).
    Open A-Squared HiJackFree 3.1
    On the left click: Autoruns
    Click the plus next to: Tricky Startups
    Click the folder: Other Trick
    You should see now.

    If not, check the rest of the folders.

    Good Luck!
    AdvGmni
  7. I had this same problem and used System Mechanic to delete the DLL files with success. If you use System Mechanic (iolo.com), go to Toolbox -> Individual Tools -> Manage System Configuration. Click Startup Manager and scroll down to Registry Autorun -> Current User -> Run (also check the All Users section vs. just Current User).

    The two DLL files I needed to delete were listed right there when no other method I tried had worked. Highlight the DLL file and click Delete on the menu bar. Reboot and that's that. It worked for me so I hope it works for you.

    Phil
  8. If still unable to fix using the above mentioned tips, or not that "techie" enough to manually troubleshoot, you can use some free scanner to scan the registry and help you fix any dll file error by following the link.
  9. I tried all these suggestions and it does NOT work. still getting error message. and all these FIX scanners make you pay money. is there a free version ?
  10. I got so sick and tired of it that i just did the system restore to about 1 month ago. this seem like it fixed the problem but i dont' know why but i feel unease.
  11. Quote:
    If still unable to fix using the above mentioned tips, or not that "techie" enough to manually troubleshoot, you can use some free scanner to scan the registry and help you fix any dll file error by following the link.



    I got a problem. i did a system restore and now my antivirus cannot run
Ask a new question

Read More

Spyware DLL Windows XP