Any new Pocket PC's being planned?

a b } Memory
June 25, 2005 4:22:45 PM

My fiancee has a Ipaq 4700 now and I want to get another PocketPC
soon. We love the 4700 and this would be a 2nd PocketPC but the only
thing I do dislike is the small amount memory the unit has. I would be
happy with a unit that is identical except for this and with memory
getting larger and cheaper I'm shocked how low memory is with these
devices. I know I can add memory through an SD card but many programs
as well as syncing all has to be done to internal memory. Are there
any plans by HP, Dell, or any others to come out with any new devices
to solve this? I would think with Windows Mobile 2005 coming out maybe
there's a new generation of products coming out.

More about : pocket planned

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 26, 2005 2:05:44 PM

I do dislike is the small amount memory the unit has.

DO WHAT

You should go back and check out the old PDAs this is Heaven
and 99.9% of programs will install to ths memory card
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 27, 2005 5:52:47 PM

I have thought about doing a PPC Techs upgrade to 128ram hoping that's
enough but if I can go without it I would gladly.
It seems most do install to a memory card. I used to have a palm and
at least at that time few would install to a memory card. The only
thing that bothers me a lot is when doing a sync activesync won't sync
to a card and sometimes I have files that are too big to fit into
memory that I need to sync so I have to manually copy them over.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 30, 2005 4:14:06 PM

There is a planned update to Windows Mobile 2005 for the HX4700 so you
should not have the same memory problems after this update due to the memory
restructuring. I have a Pocket Loox 720 which has 128MB of RAM and much less
ROM. However if I update this to Windows Mobile 2005 then this could be a
negative. Windows Mobile 2005 completely seperates ROM and RAM as opposed to
using RAM to split between running programs and stored programs which causes
the space problem on the HX4700. In a sense it will see RAM as a standard
Desktop PC does and you can compare ROM to the desktops Hard Disk Drive.

Refer to what 'Sven'' said in the previous post and u will see why upgrading
the HX4700 to Windows Mobile 2005 could solve /help the memory / RAM issues.

!