Apple Products To Die For?

Wamphryi

Distinguished
I have always considered Apple to represent the dark side of technology. This article confirms my opinion. Apple Fan Boys take note.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/5712910/The-dark-side-of-Apple-one-mans-monologue-of-misery/

Thanks! Interesting reading!

I think that the problem is more widespread in some Asian countries and the products are not limited to electronics. It is the same with garments; blue jeans especially.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
With all due respect this thread has been up for some days. Also this is about Apple Products and their actions as a Corporation and all that means. No disrespect to Steve Jobs but sad and untimely as his death may be it should not be allowed to hinder discussion around important social issues. That is my opinion anyway.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Somehow i don't find it surprising , not that i have ever been a big fan of Apple and there Nazi approach to things. Unfortunately i'm not deluding myself into thinking that Apple is the only one guilty of such practices. I am fairly certain that almost all if not all big electronic company's employ these practices. But these practices are allowed by the Chinese government so company's are not the sole guilty party to this. China wants to grow and it doesn't care if its at the expense of its citizens.

Joannah

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

I find it quite unnerving that one could be so sensitive to the death of one man to a point where it takes precedence over a social issue that is so much greater and a much more significant worldly tragedy. I am understanding and sensitive to the death of a great mind, however, it is incredibly misdirected and doesn't really fit here.

Thanks for the post. It was very interesting and I will definitely pass it on. People are so unaware of what they are really buying into when they make the majority of purchases and it is a worldly issue that is so much larger than the electronics industry. As consumers we play a role in the guilt here and it is so important to pass this kind of information on. If consumers don't demand better, change won't happen.

Frankly, I had no time for the man and own none of this products except an old G4 Powerbook I was given. My comment was based solely on the thread title which seemed inappropriate at he time, even though the thread pre-dated the death by a few hours.

I am certainly not over-sensitive, I can assure you. Given that no Mod thought it worth amending the title, I seem to be in gthe miinority of one - a place I am quite accustomed to occupying. :D

TRENDING THREADS