Screen shot of windows logon dialog box

Marcy

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002

Anyone know how to get a screen shot of the logon window
for Windows XP / Windows 2000 for training documentation
purposes?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:21d601c53930$18185b30$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Marcy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Anyone know how to get a screen shot of the logon window
> for Windows XP / Windows 2000 for training documentation
> purposes?

Sure...

http://images.google.com/images?q=xp%20logon&num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi

It's faster and easier ;) I'm not sure but I don't think that they can take
a simple screen shot and call it copyrighted or protect it with IP rights. I
think they'd have to actually modify it in some way but someone else might
have an alternate solution for you. Me? I like the Google Solution.

Galen

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Marcy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to get a screen shot of the logon window
> for Windows XP / Windows 2000 for training documentation
> purposes?

OK.
Try this.
When the logon screen is up hit Ctrl-Shift-PrtSc.
Logon as you normally do
fire up mspaint and hit Ctrl-V (ie. paste)
Cut the logonscreen from the image and create a new mspaint image with it.

hth

george

As long as you have at least one PC running XP Pro then you can
use the Remote Desktop Connection to capture the screen shots.

Create a Remote Desktop connection with the following
configuration:
1. On the Display tab move the slider in the "Remote Desktop
Size" box to the middle position. You can't have it running in
full screen mode.
2. On the Local Resources tab, set Keyboard to "On the local
computer".
3. Use the computer name or LAN IP address to connect.
4. On the General tab, leave the password line empty and uncheck
"Remember my password".

Keep in mind that these instructions apply to a machine that is
not using the Welcome screen. I've included instructions for both
the "Log on to Windows" box and the "Windows Security" box.

Connect to your XP Pro PC.
When the logon box pops up, hit Alt + PrintScreen on the local PC
(the one you're connecting from).
On the local PC, open Mspaint and hit Ctrl + V.
You can edit the image to suit your needs and save the file.
On the local PC hit Ctrl + Alt + End.
This should bring up the Windows Security dialog box on the XP
Pro machine.
On the local PC, hit Alt + Print Screen.
On the local PC, open Mspaint and click on Ctrl + V.
You can edit the image to display whatever portion of the remote
screen you need.

--
Nepatsfan