Drkboarder

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Everytime I shut down windows, it gets to the "Windows is shutting down" message then just hangs. I read the other thread on this topic, tried shutting down all my services but it had no effect. I've tried ending all processes before I shut down...nothing. I've tried bootlogging but i can only manage to get the boot up process logged. I think there must be something wrong with my drivers but I have no idea how to tell. Any help is appreciated.

Drkboarder

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
tried that, and also shutting down all services...no luck. So I've been using the Hive cleanup service, got rid of the errors shown in the application log, even removed my video capture card software and disabled it because it was causing errors. Now the card software is still causing system errors because apparently it wasn't completely removed. Some files were left over, including in the registry. Damn lazy programmers. Would deleting these files from the registry possibly help at all?

sturm

Splendid
Try regseeker. Google will bring it up. I have used it to clean my registry and have had zero problems. Makes a backup of whats removed. Have it scan for invalid exe files. You can delete everything it finds.

Also might try reinstalling the software and then uninstalling it again to see if the files are then removed.

Drkboarder

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
used regseeker, completely cleaned the registry. Used bug doctor and fixed all errors. Tried every single xp shutdown troublaehooter i could find...reinstalled windows and got nowehere. Ugh...unless anyone else has anymore suggestions I'm gonna wipe out my OS hard drive and start anew.

Does whiping out the OS hard drive effect the other 2 drives that are in raid 0? I've also thought that something might be going on with the raid setup causing the shutdown problems, i never had this problem until i got the raid working.

TRENDING THREADS