Scanning for artifacts in ATI Tool

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I was scanning for artifacts and it was saying something like:

Delta of 106785 in something or other, no errors for xxxxtime

and I noticed a bunch of white pixels at the top quarter of the 3D window.

anyone know about this?

Spearmint

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
Yes, ATI tool is notoriously bad at detecting artifacts. You can increase the clock speeds until your screen is literally covered in them, and it still won't detect any. Just clock it down a few notches when you see them; you have to detect them yourself.

mjam

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Any chance you're running an x1900 series card? Last I knew, ATI Tool still didn't support that series and your description sounds similar to some of the results you get if you try.

CyberianK

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
ATI Tools only doesn't support 1950Pro

(which sucks cause I got one)

I think there is something special with VRAM on this card from what I heard which also makes it difficult to OC (only gossip didn't OC it myself yet, no need to... but maybe will do so once I get my new display)

By the way anybody knows a good alternative to ATI Tools ?

I have an x1900xtx and run the ATI Tray Tools software over top of the ATI Cataylst drivers. I tried ATI tools and ATI Tray Tools withouth the Cataylst drivers and sure it takes up less space but it can't jump in and out of 2d and 3d mode. I really didn't like ATI Tools but ATI Tray tools seems to work GREAT. It's easy and doesnt take up much memory. It also has a handy little feature that lets you graph temps and show FPS and temps in the corner which I currently have FPS, GPU temp, and CPU temp. Try it out it's worth a look even if you don't end up using it.