Looking for Java Support

June 26, 2005 6:26:45 PM

Greetings all.

I am sending out this message in hopes of helping a member of my Yahoo
group: iPAQhx2000. I am the moderator of the group nad don't have a real
answer for him. I hope you all can help. The correspondence follows below.

Thanks
JTMcD

We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the Night
to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell

what we can come up with. Let me know what PDA you're using and
whether or not your using 2003 or 2003SE.

--
We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the Night
to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell

More about : java support

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 7:43:56 PM

Look here:-

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...

HTH

"John T McDougald" <johnmcd348@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Greetings all.
>
> I am sending out this message in hopes of helping a member of my Yahoo
> group: iPAQhx2000. I am the moderator of the group nad don't have a real
> answer for him. I hope you all can help. The correspondence follows
> below.
>
> Thanks
> JTMcD
>
> We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the Night
> to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell

June 26, 2005 11:01:33 PM

Well, it's a start. Thanks for the response. I am not certain if these
will work on the newer Windows Mobile OS. The one that is on the HP iPAQ in
question is the WM2003SE. Most of the programs that were listed on the
website were for the older OS's

Thanks again

JTMcD.

--
"Piers James" <nospam.forme@spamkiller.com> wrote in message
> Look here:-
>
> http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...
>
> HTH
>

> "John T McDougald" <johnmcd348@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Greetings all.
>>
>> I am sending out this message in hopes of helping a member of my Yahoo
>> group: iPAQhx2000. I am the moderator of the group nad don't have a real
>> answer for him. I hope you all can help. The correspondence follows
>> below.
>>
>> Thanks
>> JTMcD
>>
>> We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the
>> Night to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell

June 27, 2005 5:18:57 PM

I've run stand alone java apps on my pda using the following. The others may
work, but I can personally vouch for these.

For 2003:

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig...

For 2002:

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/installj9.html

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...

Not sure about 2003se, my guess is the first one will work. It's got an easy
msi install, so try it out.

> Well, it's a start. Thanks for the response. I am not certain if these
> will work on the newer Windows Mobile OS. The one that is on the HP iPAQ
> in question is the WM2003SE. Most of the programs that were listed on the
> website were for the older OS's
>
> Thanks again
>
> JTMcD.
>
> --
> We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the Night
> to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell
> "Piers James" <nospam.forme@spamkiller.com> wrote in message
>> Look here:-
>>
>> http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...
>>
>> HTH
>>

>> "John T McDougald" <johnmcd348@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Greetings all.
>>>
>>> I am sending out this message in hopes of helping a member of my Yahoo
>>> group: iPAQhx2000. I am the moderator of the group nad don't have a
>>> real answer for him. I hope you all can help. The correspondence
>>> follows below.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> JTMcD
>>>
>>> We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the
>>> Night to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell

June 27, 2005 11:27:14 PM

I've got a problem trying to open tree list menus (such as for threaded
discussions) within IE on my Pocket PC MS 2003SE. I've added RegKing for
hacks to make the IE4 it ships with look like IE6, IBM websphere, EWE VM, Cr
Ewe java, sun java for mobiles, SuperWaba, and MultiIE. I had tried NetFront
and even ThunderHawk II, but neither worked.

I found a web site that seems to relate to what I need to do, but it is on
the developer side:

http://www.jpowered.com/tree/index.htm#morefeatures

I wonder if Microsoft knows about this? And if so, what to do/what will be
done?

Dave

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've run stand alone java apps on my pda using the following. The others
> may
> work, but I can personally vouch for these.
>
> For 2003:
>
> http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig...
>
> For 2002:
>
> http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/installj9.html
>
> http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...
>

> Not sure about 2003se, my guess is the first one will work. It's got an
> easy msi install, so try it out.
>

> "John T McDougald" <johnmcd348@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Well, it's a start. Thanks for the response. I am not certain if these
>> will work on the newer Windows Mobile OS. The one that is on the HP iPAQ
>> in question is the WM2003SE. Most of the programs that were listed on
>> the website were for the older OS's
>>
>> Thanks again
>>
>> JTMcD.
>>
>> --
>> We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the
>> Night to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell
>> "Piers James" <nospam.forme@spamkiller.com> wrote in message
>>> Look here:-
>>>
>>> http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>

>>> "John T McDougald" <johnmcd348@verizon.net> wrote in message

June 28, 2005 1:53:09 AM

"David Bail" <dbail@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I've got a problem trying to open tree list menus (such as for threaded
> discussions) within IE on my Pocket PC MS 2003SE.

this is javascript, not java (just for the record)

PIE will not re-render the dhtml/css 'display' property of a div or other
object via scripting.

That is how most javascript menus show and hide themselves. It will honor
the property at the initial page render, although the problem is most menus
start out
hidden.

I do not know of an alternative. Maybe someelse does.

I've added RegKing for
> hacks to make the IE4 it ships with look like IE6, IBM websphere, EWE VM,
> Cr Ewe java, sun java for mobiles, SuperWaba, and MultiIE. I had tried
> NetFront and even ThunderHawk II, but neither worked.
>

> I found a web site that seems to relate to what I need to do, but it is on
> the developer side:
>
> http://www.jpowered.com/tree/index.htm#morefeatures
>
> I wonder if Microsoft knows about this? And if so, what to do/what will be
> done?
>
> Dave
>

> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've run stand alone java apps on my pda using the following. The others
>> may
>> work, but I can personally vouch for these.
>>
>> For 2003:
>>
>> http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig...
>>
>> For 2002:
>>
>> http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/installj9.html
>>
>> http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...
>>

>> Not sure about 2003se, my guess is the first one will work. It's got an
>> easy msi install, so try it out.
>>

>> "John T McDougald" <johnmcd348@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Well, it's a start. Thanks for the response. I am not certain if these
>>> will work on the newer Windows Mobile OS. The one that is on the HP
>>> iPAQ in question is the WM2003SE. Most of the programs that were listed
>>> on the website were for the older OS's
>>>
>>> Thanks again
>>>
>>> JTMcD.
>>>
>>> --
>>> We sleep peacefully in our Beds becuase Rough men Stand Ready in the
>>> Night to visit Violence on those who would do Us Harm......G.Orwell
>>> "Piers James" <nospam.forme@spamkiller.com> wrote in message

June 28, 2005 2:40:49 AM

Thanks for the definitive information, Chance. I hope someone knows a
solution!

!