Need help deciding what to do about a mobo

sparker366a

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I purchased an amd FX60 cpu and an ASUS A8s-x mobo. I have 4 sticks of ddr 400 512mb each xfx 7600gt video card and a sound blaster xtream gamer 2 250gb ide hd's western digital in an antec sonata II case 450w psu (or 400w)

I am pretty much maxed out with my cpu for that socket. Is there anything I could do mobo wise to eeek out some more performance. I have sata 1 now would like to get sata 2.

Not sure if I want to go with an sli board or not. I am not a big gamer. I play some like oblivion and guild wars.

I do a lot of dvd ripping and converting to xvid of said dvd's. I do some photo editing.

I'm just interested making this machine last a little bit longer. I don't have the cash right now to replace the mobo with an am2 mobo and a similar cpu and ddr2 ram

sparker366a

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I have an Antec HSF on it now. I have tried to OC it but it always crashes the system. Both cores run around 43c now at idle and about 58c under a good load. I don't know if these temps are good or not. I have heard very good things about this HSF

I am running Vista 64 Ultimate