Duster

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I am getting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL wandomly when using computer. It is the D1 version of the stop error. I was wondering how to discern the problem using the minidump files, which appear to be unreadable, and fix the problem. One thing that seems to happen often is I get this error when loading my MediaSource DVD-Audio player for the SECOND time in a windows session. Sometimes when I loading MP3's with MP as well. SO I have my suspicions about the sound card. Could my Audigy 2 Platinum be breaking? Is this even a hardware problem?
Thank You in advance. Add me to MSN if want to discuss the problem in detail.

Dustin

MSN
dusterdust@hotmail.com

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I don't have the solution, but I had the same IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL message on an XP PC a while ago. For mine I think the problem was hardware - I reinstalled clean a number of times (w. re-formats) and it still came up with the same error. Mine was in the middle of Windows booting up.

It could be a problem with any drive emulation software your running - that was suggested to me as a possible problem.

I wanna see how this one pans out - that PC is still out of action.

JennyLegg

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
I've had the same message as well, and I can say the problem is with hardware but I can't say what. I've run lots of different tests on my computer, like memtests, primenet test etc. etc. and some come back saying there is a hardware problem some say its fine. I suggest trying to run a few test like me as they start to give you an idea into where the computer is going wrong.

Update all of your drivers... especially the audio ones... but don't forget to do chipset driver updates as well. The fact that this happens within Windows is a good indication that a driver is corrupt and needs to be updated or reinstalled.

JennyLegg

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
What happens if you tried that, I have updated my drivers for my audio, motherboard, BIOS and graphics.
The audio one is a bit weird though because the sound chip I have is old and the only driver I can find is over two years old.