kallenin

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
Hey,

I've been searching all over looking for some DVD backup software, and so far, I've only found things that just copy over the movies directly. I'm doing dual-layer to dual-layer, so I want basically a bit-for-bit copy (even the copy protection, if possible--yeah I know, that's funky). Basically what I want is a "legit" pure backup of the contents of the DVD. All the DVD backup software I've looked at won't copy over "other" things on the DVD, like those DVDs that sometimes have their own viewing software on it. Does anyone know where I can get something that will just burn everything over directly? (It would be even nicer if they burned both layers the same way too) Can this even be done (while still complying with the DVD video standards for standalone DVD players)?

-Kallenin

kallenin

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
That's not the issue. With DVD Shrink it still modifies the DVD info. Also, it leaves out any data outside of the AUDIO and VIDEO folders. I'm looking for something that can make a copy that you basically can't distinguish from the original (like if you made an image of the two they would have the same checksum).

-Kallenin