velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hi there, I have Guild Wars. I installed it and when i run it, it immediately asks for a key and won't let you do anything before entering a product key. I don't have one. But I heard the key is only for playing online.
How do i play the game stand alone?

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
hi there, do you mean that i can't play against the computer with all the monsters like in other games like Baldur's gate, Diablo, Icewin Dale, etc. Or is it like Quake 3 Arena where there its only online with other people?

It's not a stand-alone game. It's a MMORPG.

Massively
Multiplayer
Role
Playing
Game

If you bought the game a need a key, it should be there somewhere.

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Well one fool proof way to take care of that problem is to go on gamespot and see what it really is before you download it and read!

phoenixavatar2

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Did you actually pay for the game? Or did you just download it? You can download it for free, but if you payed for it, you should have received a key to set up an account. Also, you can play the game single player, but you will need bots to fill out your party or else you won't get anywhere. The game is all about co-operating with other people.

uberclops

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
And by playing single-player he means you still have to be online. Reason for this is that your characters are stored on the Guild Wars server, not on your pc. There is no way to change that option :( sorry. It's an online game, but you don't have to team up with anybody, you can hire bots in the different towns. And unless you legally purchased the game, you won't be able to play it :/